• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper running boards bent

15viperse

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper rtx se
Has anyonr had issues with or seen the viper running boards bend down right behind he footwells from standing? I weigh around 300#, ride pretty aggressive and bang through roughy sections. Have 620 miles on sled and was cleaning and noticed this and some powercoat cracking along seams.

I have not seen this yet. But I have not done a lot of standing. Maybe add the Traction Grippers to make it a little stronger? (the blue things in my pic) If you still have warranty I would take it to your dealer and try to get it fixed first. Its their rough trail sled. I would think they should cover it if those are bending. I don't think I would tell them that you stand a lot though.

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/shop/product/details/traction-grippers?
2l8hrps.jpg

I'm not sure what it would take to add after the fact, but the RTX LE have the reinforced boards with added stiffeners etc.

Double row of cheese graters on the outer edge etc.

I just think it's assinine to do this. Sled only has 620 miles on it and ride it no different than my 05 rev. Top dollar sled that has a few short falls. I'll prob do a different set of boards this summer but in the meantime the powder coating is cracking on the boards and river heads

I noticed during my preseason prep that mine had a pocket bent into the floor of the foot bed on each side where my heel is while standing; the rails are straight. No signs of paint flaking on mine.
I stand most of the time and run 250ish ready to rip.
Kinda cheesy that this is the case, however it seems to settle in and stay and doesn't appear to have become any worse.

Good to know. I guess I'll keep an eye on them

I just checked out the B&M boards and they look a lot tougher than the stock boards, how hard would you say install was? The trickiest part appears to be cutting the old boards out along the tunnel, any tips?
Not to bad, I used a small sawsall, flapper wheel on a small grinder, and a hand file. Took my time and about 4hrs later done. HIGHLY RECOMMEND these boards. My buddy has them on this sleds too. He's 6'-6" 290 w/gear and both aggressive riders.

I'd love to find someone in my area that has done them to give me a hand just for experience tips. I'm extremely mechanically inclined as its my job. Just would hate to screw something crucial up

Ya I bought an rtx se. Had I known I'd have opted for the le. Pisses me off that for the cost of any viper they don't have extra tunnel supports in all models

There's nothing about it that's tough. Hardest part of it, getting to the torx head bolts on the inside of the tunnel.. Very easy to cut the stock boards off. A few C clamps and they fit right on.

Back