• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

viper vs 13 skidoo 600 etec tnt leftover

evil eagle said:
Remember some people put 600 stickers on 800 sleds. It's been done many times before.

I used to run 800 stickers on my 600 guess that was wrong? :jump:

No way you should have trouble with a 600 on your sled. My Pro R 800 just barely beats a N/A Viper and I used to wipe my buddies 2013 E-tec 600 A$$

Murse said:
My friends 2009 Doo 600 Carb does 105 MPH with 3500 miles on it.

That sounds about right since when falling from a cliff that is about terminal velocity! Murse the doo speedos are off more than the previous Yamahas. A DI maybe but not a carbed. My Phazer was about even with them.

evil eagle said:
Remember some people put 600 stickers on 800 sleds. It's been done many times before.
Well you Canadians are smart. I was helping my ski doo friend change his a-arm and tie rod last night from our trip last weekend. He bent them from a couple trees on the edge of trail. Anyways I new his sled wasn't stock cause he was very fast and I didn't have much for him. Well the mfg plate on his tunnel just happen to say 800r. On his hood there is two stickers that say 600 etec. So I asked him how much he paid for those 600 decals. Lol. Now the the truth finally came out why I couldn't keep up. 168 hp vs 135 hp I have 375 miles and it feels good. Just removed my transfer blocks. Lookn for a quick test in the morning. Its feeling stronger and rpms are getting higher. Love it!!!

cannondale27 said:
Murse said:
My friends 2009 Doo 600 Carb does 105 MPH with 3500 miles on it.

That sounds about right since when falling from a cliff that is about terminal velocity! Murse the doo speedos are off more than the previous Yamahas. A DI maybe but not a carbed. My Phazer was about even with them.

A doo 600 carb will have no problem hitting 100 mph. I have three of them.

No 600 should stick with a Viper unless traction is an issue....

My Nytro was a shortie studded.... No issue with any 600....

buddah said:
Your motor won't be really broken in until about 1500 miles.......yes, traction could be an issue but you won't be getting "full power" until then......you shouldn't have any problems with a 600 e-tec

LMAO..it does not take 1500 miles to break in a 4 stroke. :drink:

My Viper will smoke any 600. We have 20 guys in our group with various newer sleds and two of them running the new 600 e-tec. Not a chance against the Viper. In fact the Viper runs well against the 800s with exception of top end against a few. Next year adding a Turbo, I will be king again!

bleedyamaha said:
evil eagle said:
Well you Canadians are smart. I was helping my ski doo friend change his a-arm and tie rod last night from our trip last weekend. He bent them from a couple trees on the edge of trail. Anyways I new his sled wasn't stock cause he was very fast and I didn't have much for him. Well the mfg plate on his tunnel just happen to say 800r. On his hood there is two stickers that say 600 etec. So I asked him how much he paid for those 600 decals. Lol. Now the the truth finally came out why I couldn't keep up. 168 hp vs 135 hp I have 375 miles and it feels good. Just removed my transfer blocks. Lookn for a quick test in the morning. Its feeling stronger and rpms are getting higher. Love it!!!
So he has a modded doo 800 and stickers say 600 man some guys lol did he tell you it was 168hp too!

800 etec

No its not modded just studded. He bought 600 stickers and put em on and had me believe it was a 600. He read a snowmobile msgazine that his etec puts out 168 h.p. I read somewhete it was 165 who knows.

Good Lord i bet all e tech owners wish there trusty litle 800 was 165-168 hp,real world about the same as the cat 800 155 is closer to the truth,maybe w/some airbox mods and a can,but not stock.

shaddow44 said:
buddah said:
Your motor won't be really broken in until about 1500 miles.......yes, traction could be an issue but you won't be getting "full power" until then......you shouldn't have any problems with a 600 e-tec

LMAO..it does not take 1500 miles to break in a 4 stroke. :drink:

My Nytro made more power every time out to about 22 to 2300K, so 1500 miles is not a stretch, I am expecting the same out of my wife's Viper.

you know how many people are going to read only the title and first few posts of this thread and think the viper is a pooch and never see that it was in fact an 800r he was up against?

you know how many people are going to read only the title and first few posts of this thread and think the viper is a pooch and never see that it was in fact an 800r he was up against?

800 r

I was thinking that also. Can I delete post or cant I. What can I do. Lol now that we know it was a 800 not a 600.

Back