• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warm Clutch cover??

Snowwmax

Veteran
Hi All,

I recently had my '07 Grizz 450 serviced, not sure it that matters. So I went riding on Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday I was mostly riding class 6 roads and a few trails but I was averaging about 25-30 miles an hour as the trails / roads were smooth (AKA BORING) The clutch cover got warm enough to feel in through my Alpine Star Tech-8 Motocross boots.. is this Normal?

I have never noticed it in the past.

Thanks!

Doesn't sound right to me? I haven't noticed my grizz that hot before but I wasn't really looking for it either, I will check my next ride.........Irv

The belt and clutch on mine generates a quite a bit of heat and i think it is normal. My old 600 did the same thing and so did both of my sons 600's.

mine will burn my leg unless i wear highboots its done that since day one so i think its normal :dunno:

Ok cool.. I figured it was normal because the only time it gets that warm is when I drive over 30mph for an extended period of time.. when I am just crawling through the rocks.. Its fine...

Back