• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warrantee question

Snakebit

Expert
I have told the boy installing a 1.75 inch track and going down a tooth on top on our XTX Nytros will have no effect on the warantee (especially since Woddy's will be doing the install) should anything happen.

Anyone here confirm... just to shut him up?

Changing the track or gearing has nothing to do with the warrany correct.Unless it was a track problem but yamaha wouldn't cover your aftermarket track.

from an experience a friend of mine had he put a 1.75 backcountry track on his and his warranty did not cover his front cooler when he put a chunk of ice that came thru his tunnel and cracked the cooler, because he "lowered the protection level of the front cooler by cutting out the protectors" good thing he stopped on the trail when the chunk of ice decided to pass thru it. but they do offer a 1.75 track for the xtx thru dealer options.

natedawgedog said:
from an experience a friend of mine had he put a 1.75 backcountry track on his and his warranty did not cover his front cooler when he put a chunk of ice that came thru his tunnel and cracked the cooler, because he "lowered the protection level of the front cooler by cutting out the protectors" good thing he stopped on the trail when the chunk of ice decided to pass thru it. but they do offer a 1.75 track for the xtx thru dealer options.

Warranty is used for items that are related to a manufacturer defect or failure, not for damage caused by circumstances beyond their control. Ice chunk damage wouldn't be covered even if he'd left his stock track on. It's apples and oranges.

jf

ecopter said:
natedawgedog said:

Warranty is used for items that are related to a manufacturer defect or failure, not for damage caused by circumstances beyond their control. Ice chunk damage wouldn't be covered even if he'd left his stock track on. It's apples and oranges.

jf

I know that much but I was just giving him a answer to one of the questions he had. but if you ask me, about the bold, tunnel icing should be something that yamaha should be able to get "control" of, many people in the aftermarket world have been able to stop tunnel icing... but with yamaha :exc: they think its not a problem :crap:

Understood. And yes, the tunnel icing in the Yamaha's is one of the main reasons why I may not stay with this brand. It's ridiculous.

Back