• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warranty or Not????

Confused

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'21 Sidewinder LTX SE
'24 MXZ 850 Turbo R Comp
'23 MXZ Blizzard 850 ETEC
'24 MXZ Neo+ 600
'88 SnoScoot
1 week from today is the 1 year anniversary of picking up my sled. I've been on the fence about purchasing the extended warranty. I am very mechanical and do all my own work on everything. With that, should I go with the extended warranty or save the $650 and fix what comes on my own?

1 week from today is the 1 year anniversary of picking up my sled. I've been on the fence about purchasing the extended warranty. I am very mechanical and do all my own work on everything. With that, should I go with the extended warranty or save the $650 and fix what comes on my own?
Put all your faith into the new north America Yamaha snowmobile, they will look after you, no need for extended warranty, The winders are bullet proof, ride with pride. ;)!

Honestly, 1 repair (chaincase, driveshaft, etc.) will eat up $650 in a heart beat.

This is my biggest fear. On the other hand, if it takes a month to work on it, I'd prefer to pay for the parts and get it back on the snow myself.

If you have a good relationship with your dealer and you know the mechanics working on your sled are well experienced and take pride then yes.

I enjoy wrenching as much as riding so warranty means nothing to me after the odometer reaches 500 km

As someone that has been looking around at possibly having a Sidewinder in the garage sometime in the future (not now with these crazy prices) I can attest that I would easily spend $500-1000 more on an equal sled if I knew it had warranty. You never are 100% sure when you buy used and I'd at least like a year warranty to ensure that anything I can't fix (engine, turbo) is in good working order.

Back