• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weighed my sled...

The money saved on gas, oil, and the life time of a 4-stroke makes it much worth it if not better than a two stroke

The money saved on gas, oil, and the life time of a 4-stroke makes it much worth it if not better than a two stroke

My buddy rides an newer 600 'tec sled- he can go more miles on fuel, the oil consumption is freaking minimal (it sips nothing, wouldn't be surprised if he uses maybe 2 gallons this season), way lighter, out runs my Nytro.
Proven motor longevity is really the only thing going that keeps me on a 4 stroke.

Same with me, my Nytro is a tank compared to my buds Polaris shift 600, but he spends big $$ on synthetic 2 stroke oil, and will need a rebuild in a few years, and I won't have to do either!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

After twenty plus years of riding only Yamaha and thousands of dollars spent on MODs for my Nytro XTX, I bailed for a new Summit. I will always have a special spot in my heart for Yamaha, but as I get older the extra weight is hard to battle.

This past season was the most fun riding I've had in the last 4-5 years. I was able to take my riding to a new level aboard my new Summit. The motor is smooth and has all the power I needed. I had to get used to actually not mashing the throttle and learning how to feather it more. I have ZERO regrets. Hope you guys had a great season!

After twenty plus years of riding only Yamaha and thousands of dollars spent on MODs for my Nytro XTX, I bailed for a new Summit. I will always have a special spot in my heart for Yamaha, but as I get older the extra weight is hard to battle.

This past season was the most fun riding I've had in the last 4-5 years. I was able to take my riding to a new level aboard my new Summit. The motor is smooth and has all the power I needed. I had to get used to actually not mashing the throttle and learning how to feather it more. I have ZERO regrets. Hope you guys had a great season!
Which summit did you get? A new Gen4 850?

What's the first thing you noticed on the summit while ridding it? Compared to the XTX?

I'm seriously thinking about the new 850 but wanna give it a year so all the kinks will be ironed out.

Back