• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weighing in

It seems like there isn't much sag at these settings. Should be closer to 2" front and almost 3" rear. Measured bumper to floor. Roughly 20% with rider.
Another thought is assuming your limiter strap is all the way out, I wonder what bringing it in one hole would change things? Keeping everything else the same. You might not want to pull in the strap at all but it would be interesting to see how it changes the weight distribution.
I am working through these same settings right now with my nytro xtx with fox evols front and rear, zbros front and timbersled rear.

Last edited:
Check out Skinz shock therapy for shock setup. They explain it very well with amount of ride in you should have. Keep in mind you are airing the shocks in a warm shop and things change when out in cold. So set everything a bit higher in the shop so it settles where you want in the cold. You will want about 3/4"-1" less drop on the front than you have on the rear. The numbers I posted above were with out rider.

Check out Skinz shock therapy for shock setup. They explain it very well with amount of ride in you should have. Keep in mind you are airing the shocks in a warm shop and things change when out in cold. So set everything a bit higher in the shop so it settles where you want in the cold. You will want about 3/4"-1" less drop on the front than you have on the rear. The numbers I posted above were with out rider.
I found those videos last week and have been using them as a guideline in my own tuning. Great videos for sure! One thing is it is not a yamaha Viper or Nytro they are using for the example. So for my setup on my nytro i am using a 20% rider sag number based on my nytro's 8.5" front and 14.5" rear travel. I have been doing all my baseline tuning in the shop as well. Hell of a lot easier measuring and noting changes.
Once the air shocks are acclimatized, 100 psi is 100 psi. So if I find my perfect baseline setup in the shop and the sled and shocks are at temperature 10c, all I do is let the sled acclimatize to -20c and set to the same pressures to achieve the same specs as i found in the shop. Another way is to compensate for the temperature difference is every 10f (5.5c) the shocks will change 2%. Dropping 2% as the temperature drops and the reverse for rising temps.
I pretty much am happy with my preload numbers at this point in my testing and am doing all my compression/ rebound/ evol changes at out door temperatures. Been thinking about buying some shipping scales, lol! All I can say is these shocks are sick! Just need some snow!

Last edited:

Back