• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

weird speedo problem

livinloud

Extreme
hey guys i am having a little problem what could this be when i rev up my sled b4 the clutch engages my speedo goes up too it should be at 0 the sled is not moving what could it be? i just did a skid swap but i cant see how that could of done anything

I do know that the speedo being off is a sign of your speedometer bearing on the cusp of going out. It's a somewhat common problem on RX1's , that and the jackshaft bearing.

Check the wiring harness in the nose of the sled. I just had the same . issues. kind of watched it die. My drive shaft bearing was fine. repacked it and cleaned the clutches. speedo sensor was fine too. had a blue and yellow wire worn through on the frame and a big red wire half way through. soldered these up and put some rubber hose on the frame gasket maker and wrapped the wires in pieces of an old inner tube and zip tied this around them so it will not wear on the wires in the future. Fixed the speedo. and was cheap

sconnierider said:
I do know that the speedo being off is a sign of your speedometer bearing on the cusp of going out. It's a somewhat common problem on RX1's , that and the jackshaft bearing.

X2 I had this issue last year on my Warrior. As soon as I noticed it I rode straight back to the house. I was lucky, It was only the bearing that went and it didn't do anymore damage to the frame/ mounting area, it did get the speedo sensor though. A new bearing and a new speedo sensor and its good as new.

Back