• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

well we bought it

stingray719

TY 4 Stroke God
Girlfriend now has new Viper, took alot of softening of suspension to get it to ride as good as my 2014 m8 but it does now. Just an fyi these come set REALLY stiff. She really likes it. Ride comparisons to m8 coming Monday

stingray719 said:
Girlfriend now has new Viper, took alot of softening of suspension to get it to ride as good as my 2014 m8 but it does now. Just an fyi these come set REALLY stiff. She really likes it. Ride comparisons to m8 coming Monday

LOL, do the Japanese think we are all 300+ pound gorillas? The front skid shock came set up so stiff it made me scratch my head. Well, after about an hour or two of adjustments here is what we came out to for a person 150 to 160 pounds weight.

Front shocks = 65 pounds
Front skid shock set to center ( equal threads below and above lock rings)
Rear shock 120 pounds.

After this setup the Viper ran down a trail or road like my 2014 M8 and feel like it is on rails. Such a HUGE change from how it came set up. Really glad we bought the Viper.

Long track and narrowed front very soon. After all the fun with the turbo Phazer (fuel) and Supercharged Phazer (hers) with pully issues and GEMS controller constant settings no way I can talk her into boost. But personally after it is broke in why would we need boost to ride the trees?

stingray719 said:
Long track and narrowed front very soon. After all the fun with the turbo Phazer (fuel) and Supercharged Phazer (hers) with pully issues and GEMS controller constant settings no way I can talk her into boost. But personally after it is broke in why would we need boost to ride the trees?

MMMMM BOOST FUN :Rockon:

I am impressed she went 141" Thats a lot of sled for a little girl :jump:

You will find that the nose comes up nicely with another 55 hp.

Yamadog said:
stingray719 said:

MMMMM BOOST FUN :Rockon:

I am impressed she went 141" Thats a lot of sled for a little girl :jump:

You will find that the nose comes up nicely with another 55 hp.

With the settings the way they are it pulls both skis a couple inches nicely on every heavy throttle take off...very fun. And she used to ride a Nytro before her previous boosted Phazer so she commented often this weekend on how small this sled felt. Now I want to go on recored as I did NOT say this makes a great girls sled...... :tg:

Here it is!

Attachments

• viper1.jpg
    viper1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 95
yam177 said:
Funny I thought the suspension was soft when I rode mine

Any chance your dealer pre set yours? I am pretty sure my dealer will be pre setting them after I asked them to pre adjust the front skid shock and explained why.

Or maybe saying "stiff" or "soft" should be quantified by comparison...like stiff compared to my other powder sleds and soft compared to a racing sled. ;)!

I do like it stiff. I picked mine up in the crate. I did the setup lol. They were better when i put a 180 center spring and replaced the shocks with stiffer valving

yam177 said:

Mine was a brick when I got it compared to the Rush Pro R 800's I have. BUT the rear fox was set at 150 #'s and the front skid shock spring was turned to within 1" of the end of threads.

And Yam177 watch saying "I do like stiff"

Yamadog said:
yam177 said:

Mine was a brick when I got it compared to the Rush Pro R 800's I have. BUT the rear fox was set at 150 #'s and the front skid shock spring was turned to within 1" of the end of threads.

I dumped the stock shocks running fox piggybacks now and a stiffer Center shock spring. They are valved stiffer and work well

Yamadog said:
yam177 said:

Yep, exactly as this one came. World of diff riding it after resettting those.

Back