• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Well wife bought a new sled tonight...

Kevin Garceau

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
OK all my buddies have had the Yamahas for a few years. Im not very brand loyal just like a nice sled. I drag race so I always had a soft spot for the four strokes...

anyways she has had some issues with her older sled and decided to think new. I called around and got a hold of the local Yami dealer who sold alot of stuff to my friends.

She picked an 07 Vector GT the black silver one.

With the sled, a yamaha Jacket, a Castle CR2 jacket, HJC helmet and heated shield, 96 studs, new carbides and a pair of boots with set up, tax, and registration only came to 8300 bucks....

Now this is her sled I still have my XC700 but hope to pick something up in the next year or two. First was to get her set up and learn to enjoy the sport more than I can soak it for a new Apex RTX

Anyways is there anything I should look for on this new machine? Any issues I need to keep an eye out for?

One thing to look out for is the GT spanking your XC 700 in a drag race !
other than that just the bogy wheels dont last long, but that should be covered under warranty :4STroke:

LOL well I rode the vector and its a nice sled...but much heavier and less HP than my XC

I do like the vector though

Just need to get the suspension dialed into her riding style. She also needs to get used to the engine brake (which works to your advantage once your're used to it).

As someone else mentioned, keep an eye on the inner idler wheels. She should love the sled!

I personally LOVED the engine braking. The little I rode it on a test drive I actually thought that was the coolest thing. For my riding style the lil I rode it, I think it would work better as I like to come into the corners kinda hot.

ride

One thing with the engine brake is dont let off the throttle all the way in a turn, keep a little gas on the turn it handles a lot better that way.. There has been a few posts on that..

Back