• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wet left foot

That might actually work, i like the idea! Too bad i got a turbo in the area that interfear with a close off plate. But definatly something to work with!

I use Sorel boots with the rubber foot area and don't get wet foot. I noticed that when I opened up the vents on the side panels a lot less water seems to be running down that area. May be something to look at.

Boots wouldnt have solved this issue i had as my bibs go on the outside of my boots and would ice up as a nice shin guard to just below my knee cap... Yamaha should have sent the plate free to those that complained about it is a defect and that should have been noticed in preproduction testing...

5-cents worth of duct tape on the back side of the perforated panels in the left foot well makes this a non-issue.

If you're made of money spend a buck on some aluminum sheet and rivet this in place.

I was getting a wet left foot even with the plate. I put some weather stripping between the bottom plate and the left side bottom panel and it seemed to take care of the problem.

Everything can be solved with duct-tape...LOL. Better boots, Bibs, and duct tape

arteeex said:
5-cents worth of duct tape on the back side of the perforated panels in the left foot well makes this a non-issue.

If you're made of money spend a buck on some aluminum sheet and rivet this in place.
I taped everything up and even clear calked as described in previous posts and still Soaked. Maybe the water is drooling down from above. Mmmmmmmm. Hate to have to ride my back up sled(06 600 Ski Doo Rev) this weekend because of such an annoying little prob. Thanks 4 the ideas so far.

crank shaft said:
arteeex said:

I taped everything up and even clear calked as described in previous posts and still Soaked. Maybe the water is drooling down from above. Mmmmmmmm. Hate to have to ride my back up sled(06 600 Ski Doo Rev) this weekend because of such an annoying little prob. Thanks 4 the ideas so far.

Must be hard to leave the Rev behind when there is fresh snow down.

crank shaft said:

I rode from Cloquet 2-weeks ago. I'll be up along the Shore again this weekend - and every other weekend until the snow is gone.

The duct tape thing worked for me. During the summer I replaced that with aluminum sheet and this is working too. The worst that happens to me now is the lower snap on the leg of by bibs fills with ice on really cold days to where I can't undo it without a screwdriver. The solution for this has been to not snap it closed.

I have no problems with W.B.S. at all, I wear a pair of FXR octanes and castle bibs, by the way they are great (boots), but at first they would get stuck in the foot holds. Are you sure you are adding all of this great ingenuity in the right spots?

I bought a 2010 FX Nytro and later noticed the clutch side body panel vent had smaller holes. It looked strange because the right side had larger vent holes than the left. The dealer questioned Yamaha and they told him it was to help keep snow out of there and improve wet boot problem.

YES!!!!!! Finally figured out why my boot was gettin wet. If you look at the left side of the tunnel while rippin down the trail.....ok just go slow....you will notice an annoying little stream of water constantly drooling down the side of the tunnel from behind the tank side cover rite where your boot contacts the tunnel. Time to remove the seat and side cover and calk the biotch up forever.

Back