• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what are people paying for apex gt's

RX-1 Liter said:
I know two guys for sure that just ordered for $9200 without the ACC. package..

Is that without freight/setup added in? The lowest price I have seen in NY for an OTD price except sales tax is $9,500[/quote]

Ive had 3 NEW SLEDS and NEVER once have i ever paid for SETUP of Freight...

Do you guys understand that even if the dealer would sell you the sled for cost... THEY STILL MADE MONEY... They get a kick back from yamaha for every sled they sell... I believe its $1000..

At Highlands Yamaha they quoted $8,900 for an Apex GT give up the $800 in accessories, $9,300 if you want the accessories.

welterracer said:
RX-1 Liter said:
I know two guys for sure that just ordered for $9200 without the ACC. package..

Is that without freight/setup added in? The lowest price I have seen in NY for an OTD price except sales tax is $9,500

Ive had 3 NEW SLEDS and NEVER once have i ever paid for SETUP of Freight...

Do you guys understand that even if the dealer would sell you the sled for cost... THEY STILL MADE MONEY... They get a kick back from yamaha for every sled they sell... I believe its $1000..[/quote]

Not quite that much...its 3%

Truth is, dealers aren't getting rich selling snowmobiles, they hate us!

We soak them for every last penny and believe there is another 1000 dollars in profit they get "kicked back" from the manufacturer???? Bull!

You've got to be a fool to sell snowmobiles...even the accessories barely pay the overhead to keep dealers open during the winter months.

I like the guys that come on here and cry when the dealer tells them to "go chit in a hat" on a warrenty claim! Its usually the guys that carve every last penny out of the dealer and wonder why they hate you!

I have a deal for you!

Give me 10K and I'll pay you 300 bucks for that investment next year.

I'll give you 10,300 back next year!

Sound like a deal?

Send me the money, now!

Thats what a dealer probably makes to tie his money up for a year, after floor plan, if he's lucky!

I'm not a dealer, nor will I ever be but I have had many friends who are and they hate us!

I don't blame them!

Geeze guys, let your dealer make a couple of hundred bucks...

Your spending 10K, whats and extra 200 or 300 bucks for the dealer? Nothing to us, but a lot for them!

Remember that when you ask your dealer for a favor after the sale! You'll have a way better chance to get a "little special treatment from him" if you don't "cut him to the bone " on the initial purchase!

I got quoted 9300 before any yammi bucks. My dealer usually just shows me the invoice and thats why I pay. Bear in mind there is still dealer give back on these sleds if they sell them at cost (might not be much, but the ones that sell a lot of them make it up in volume). They all will give u an extra 400 off if you dont take the 800 yammi bucks.Just my .02

Super stroker..

I paid $7800 for a BRAND NEW 04 RX warrior last year...

WHen he sold it to me... He had to leave his desk for something... And low and behold the dealer cost and there kick back was on the worksheet in a open folder on his desk..... YES HE DID GET A $1000 KICK BACK

Welterracer, this was a simple statement. These statements can be worked to read anything the manufacturer and/or dealer want. Also after you break out what it costs to operate the business, flooring for that sled and every other sled that just sits there for a year or two, what is the actual profit on that $1000?

Don't get me wrong, I am also shopping for the best price, but I will patronize the dealer where I intend on having the sled serviced, if necessary, and if this happens to be close to where I store the sled, bonus, if the price difference is only a few hundred. My time, gas, mileage on a vehicle all have a price as well.

For instance, I am willing to pay $400 more to get the sled from "my" dealer because it is where I will have the sled serviced and a whopping 9-10 miles from where I keep the sled year round instead of driving to Highlands Yamaha.

Best Price I've found (only shopped dlrs w/fact. techs) is $10,026 OTD. Extreme Powersprorts in Gaylord, MI. Ask for Steve. I'm ordering once I figure out if I like the GT better than the ATAK.

If a dealer told me to chit in a hat on a warrenty claim because of the price we agreed upon, I beleive that he deserves to be knee'd in the head with a legal leg.
They can't pull that kind of chit.

Back