• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What are you guys seeing for pricing on 05's

POWERHAULIC said:
The snowmobile industry in general is very difficult to make any money on new sled sales. It really is not fair to the dealer base, all the money dealers have to put out for floor planning, forced ad co-op, and parts inventory.

All customers want is to buy everything for cost. How can anyone make any money doing that :?:

Come on people, look for a dealer who will take care of you after the sale, & let him make some money :!:

JMHO

Ya right!!! In the real world we (the consumer) have to watch out or we get SCREWED!!!!

The dealer should sell sleds for close to cost and Make there money on parts...

Thats why my dealer sold me my warrior for less than cost.. becuase he knows i will spend $2000 a year on clothing and accessories!!

Personally I will pay a little extra to know that I have a good dealership that will take care of me down the road. Even these dealers selling at cost have to make some money somewhere believe me they will get ya one way or another. Service and support is #1 in my book give a llittle get a little if ya know what I mean.

I agree with Convert. I want my dealer to make a fair margin because he'll take care of me before someone he sold a sled to and lost money on and two, when I need the dealer to eat some repairs he's going to be alot more willing :shock:

The question is then what constitutes fair mark-up??? If I'm buying my 3rd sled in five years from a dealer and have all my "work" done on the sled by them should I be paying list cost.... I don't think so. Good business practices dictate that they should show a customer the same loyalty that the customer shows them. Should they give it away?? NO!! But splitting the difference between list and cost is fair. Any dealer (IMHO) that only wants to deal through at cost is a dealer that takes its customers for granted and only cares about lining thier pockets. I purchased the Y.E.S. warranty for my sled (4 year) for $475... My dealer wanted $850 and no discounts :x :x :x Obviously they didn't get my business and probably lost me as a customer. There are always two sides to any "deal" when you purchase something and there are some business's that will sell around cost to get the volume in sales for one reason or another as well as a lot of riders that will drop the cash and pay list or even over list without blinking. I'm willing to let the dealer make a fair M/U but if they expect my loyalty then they also need to show the same in return...

Yamaha-1 said:
Whats wrong with a dealer making some money? Here is my cost on the sleds this is what I pay Yamaha RXWARRIOR LE 8506.00 RXWARRIOR 8420.00 RX 1 ER LE 8334.00 RX 1ER 8248.00 RX 1 7990.00 RS RAGE 7474.00 RS VECTOR ER 7302.00 RS VECTOR 7044.00 RX 1 MOUNTAIN LE 8291.00 RX 1 MOUNTAIN 8205.00 RS VECTOR MOUNTAIN 7259.00 SXVIPER MOUNTAIN 7001.00 SXVENOM ER 6515.00 SX VENOM 6080.00 RS VENTURE 7904.00 VT60 6776.00 THE BEST FOR LAST VK540 6902.00 SO IF THERE ARE DEALERS SELLING FOR LESS THAN THIS THERE TAKING MONEY OUT OF THERE POCKET AND YES WE WILL GET $400.00 BACK FROM YAMAHA IN MARCH FOR THE ASSY. PROGRAM THATS ALL THE MONEY WE WILL MAKE.

Those are the same costs my dealer showed me. I agree, the dealer needs to make some money. In fact, it is my best interest for my dealer to stay financially healthy since I need to have SOMEBODY nearby available for parts and service.

When you quote dealer prices you're not including manufacturer holdbacks and incentives. These add to dealer overall profit margin also.
My dealer just quoted me $7274 for the Rage, without the $800. I believe this is a fair price. He sold me my Warrior for $8200 last year, and I feel that was fair also. I didn't have to bargain, just ask for price. He is a good dealer, and has always been helpful. Trying to save a couple more dollars, in my opinion, would not be worth the effort, and could prove counterproductive in the long run.

You all see my price for the 05 sleds if you want one for that call me 877-yamaha3 AND I DONT CHARGE FOR FRT. OR SET UP Thanks David

I totally agree with you, after all the paper work is done you could just be another number. When a dealer remembers your name or calls to see how things are running, you just know that all of the service down the road will be nothing short of great!. That's what brings me back year after year, some places still belive in values to their customers!.

Back