• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What clutch maintenance to do on my 2016 LTX DX.

Lee Rivers 1

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro RTX
I just turned 12,500 miles on my 2016 LTX DX. What maintenance should i be doing on the clutch I have done nothing but clean and change a few belts. only blew one belt in 12,500 miles. Sled runs great still.

Your ready for some serious maintenance on these clutches. Hard to say what all needs to be done but the common wear items are plastic buttons in the secondary. The primary has 3 wear items, rollers, fly weights and sliders. The sheave faces may also need some attention but you would need a clutch expert on that.

I would say it is time to send them off for a good deep clean and thorough check up. Thunder Products would be my suggestion. The unfortunate part of owning a 4 stroke, we run long enough that we wear things out. In 2 stroke lives you would be on your third to fifth new sled and you still have at least two new doos or poo poos left in it.

Back