• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What did I get myself into! Bought a Boosted Nypex today!

nice sled the boost it controller is really adjustable here is the manual

Attachments

• xic35.pdf
    585.8 KB · Views: 1,258

nice sled the boost it controller is really adjustable here is the manual

Wow! Thank you! I'm looking to trade or sell the Racers edge suspension and the 9115m 174" track. I'm looking for either a Wahl bros or proline 144" racing suspension. Any weight not needed will be removed. I am hoping to remove the reverse and possibly upgrade the clutches.

I would save the clutches for the end depending on what you mean. Stock clutches are fricken solid and there isn't a lot of power if any left by swapping out. Most do it because they exceed the RPM of the stocker but even then I would put my money into the GNS gear reduction which slows the clutch down and lets you rev 12K on the motor. Looks like still nytro side plates which means your only option is a nytro non-reverse chain case. I saved 2.2lbs by getting rid of the reverse handle and using my old E-Brake lever to put my apex in reverse. I was on a light weight mission on the apex but still kept the reverse, just to easy to move the sled around and 'built' it into my total weight calcs. The air to water intercooler is quite genius on that sled as well. I wouldn't rip it out either, getting large enough air to air under the nytro hood is quite a challenge. That is a sweet sled.

Thanks Kinger! The more I dig in the better it seems to be! My plans are to build the sled for snow drags only. I cross-referenced over the weekend to try figure out what I'm dealing with. I found that there was only a couple changes for the nytro and apex throughout the years. I was wondering about the clutches. My secondary is still running buttons though? I'm wondering if I might already have gear reduction. I don't know where my shift rpms should be lol. When I get to go through everything, I hope to have it dynoed. I also contacted Pro-line about their 144" drag suspension.

Your sled should rev about 10,800 rpms at WOT. You cannot rev to 12K without a replacement ECU like a Motec. Your running the OEM Apex ECU and using the Boostit standalone aux fuel controller and injectors. It makes for a crisp running sled but you cannot change anything around timing, rev limits, etc. Its more designed for riding then racing.

Wow you guys are amazing, way over my head but I can see why I should NOT try to line up with a guy who knows what he is doing!

Back