• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do you pack when you ride?

new4stroker

Expert
just packing the trunk bag for the ride coming up at the end of the week. Womdering what are the big must have's everone uses.

My list.

Duck tape
screw drivers
wrenches
pliers
booster cables
solid fuel for heat and fire starting
zip ties
razor blade knife
jack knife
flash light
spare belt and plugs
maps
hand warmer packs
matches and lighter
cigars (must have for a good ride)

What do others carry not on the list above. Surprisingly this all fits in a pretty compact trunk bag.

flares
toilet paper
wire
water

Oil
Fuses
Tow Strap
Werther's Original (optional)

new4stroker said:
just packing the trunk bag for the ride coming up at the end of the week. Womdering what are the big must have's everone uses.

My list.

Duck tape
screw drivers
wrenches
pliers
booster cables
solid fuel for heat and fire starting
zip ties
razor blade knife
jack knife
flash light
spare belt and plugs
maps
hand warmer packs
matches and lighter
cigars (must have for a good ride)

What do others carry not on the list above. Surprisingly this all fits in a pretty compact trunk bag.
Did everyone forget to pack the food? It is a highlight of our trips; 2nd only to the riding of course! Hardly ever go without a camera either.
- tow strap
- shovel, axe & snow shoes if going off trail
- extra gas

Thanks guys some good ideas. I forgot to say cellphone and camera as my blackberry is such a part of me i wont ever leave home without it. I also just remembered I carry a car charger in the gear as well.

This is what I pack:

Wrenches
Fuses
Flashlight
First aid
Matches
Candles
Strap to pull start
Zip ties
Spare ball joint bolts (due to one breaking last year)
Screwdriver
Allen wrench for panel
pliers
kleenex/tp
emergency blanket
extra oil

DSCF2734.jpg

Nothing, if I am riding with Yamaha or polaris sleds, but if I am riding with some Cats or Doos then I bring a tow rope. The one thing I wish people would leave at home who ride with me is their cellphones.

BIG BLACK WARRIOR said:
The one thing I wish people would leave at home who ride with me is their cellphones.
Got to disagree with ya there BBW. The serious accident I'm sure I've mentioned before about 10 years ago when a guy in our group slammed head on into a tree and is alive today albeit with some brain injury is alive because I was the only one who carried my cell phone with us. Because I was able to quickly call 911 and provide our location a chopper from Ft. Drum medivac'd him out and got to him in time to save his life. If we had had to wait until someone got somewhere to call he would be dead today.

One thing that I try to do is run all my electronics from the same size battery. My camera, GPS, flashlight, etc all use AA batteries so if I use up my spare set I still have two or three other devices that I can steal from and it saves space if I don't have to carry other sizes. When it gets really cold they die quickly.

Folding saw,waterproof matches,rope,booster cables,GPS/extra batteries,coolant/oil,flashlight,food/gatorade,cell phone,compass(GPS can die :o| ).

Back