• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What engines will work in an 07 vector?

Joe Lehtola

Country
USA
Snowmobile
nytro
Hi,
I have an 07 vector that had a rod go through the side of the block, so I will be needing a new engine.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can find one?..... I live near Minneapolis Minnesota

Also, are there other engines that will work in this chassis?.... I.e from other models?

Hi,
I have an 07 vector that had a rod go through the side of the block, so I will be needing a new engine.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can find one?..... I live near Minneapolis Minnesota

Also, are there other engines that will work in this chassis?.... I.e from other models?
curious as to your theory how this happened? Also how many miles?

I know through the posts on this site that the vector engines at times had issues with the timing chain. Some of the early RX 1's had rod cap bolts coming loose. If you contact Travis he might have an idea. Travis is a really nice guy and an asset to TY. Merry Christmas

I know through the posts on this site that the vector engines at times had issues with the timing chain. Some of the early RX 1's had rod cap bolts coming loose. If you contact Travis he might have an idea. Travis is a really nice guy and an asset to TY. Merry Christmas
Agree X2

I purchased it this way. I'll have to get back to you on the miles
I hope it was dirt cheap, the single biggest piece of value is the engine.
There are plenty of nice used sleds for what you may pay for the engine plus shipping and the time to swap it out.
I have seen 07 modest mile sleds for 2500

Back