• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHat is the Fix for the ratteling exhuast sheilds?

welterracer

TY 4 Stroke God
My brothers warrior has horrible ratteling under the seat and above the track..

How do you get them to stop ratteling?

Sounds like he may have the same issue i just fixed on my sled last weekend. It sounded like the shields were rattling but it turned out to be the exhaust gaskets between the flexible pipes and the 2 into 1 pipes under the gas tank were shot. If your shields arent the culprit remove the gas tank and the shield over the pipes and set the gas tank on the engine itself gently, re hook up the gas lines and start it up. I bet after a few minutes of warm up you will see the clamps start spinning and rattleing against the bottom sheild, replace all the gaskets and it will be like new. hope this helps.

Ripped the shields out of my 03 two weekends ago at least the one that was still there anyway. Had one come loose last season and get jammed in the tunnel wasn't going to go through the same hassle this year with the other one. Four bolts and you have pretty good access unless you have short arms like me lol. Got mine out but trying to reach up in there to cut the front loose was no easy task. :o|

I gave up and put the suspension back up.. THe onl loose ones were the very front little ones.. I wasnt about to take the whole suspension out to get to them..

Its my brothers sled.. LOL

Back