• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the number one reason you bought the Sidewinder

uprider800

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Arctic Cat xf 9000
Just trying to drum up some Sidewinder talk. For me coming off a boosted 1100 for the last 6 seasons I wanted to drive a quiet smooth 3cyl. I spent some time riding my wife's 1200 skidoo last yr and realized how much smoother the 3 cyl was compared to my twin. Also having a loud aftermarket exhaust was getting old. Only 179 days till the trails open and only 17 days till the days start getting shorter. We should start seeing some Sidewinders rolling off the line in the next couple of months!!! Can't wait.

Just trying to drum up some Sidewinder talk. For me coming off a boosted 1100 for the last 6 seasons I wanted to drive a quiet smooth 3cyl. I spent some time riding my wife's 1200 skidoo last yr and realized how much smoother the 3 cyl was compared to my twin. Also having a loud aftermarket exhaust was getting old. Only 179 days till the trails open and only 17 days till the days start getting shorter. We should start seeing some Sidewinders rolling off the line in the next couple of months!!! Can't wait.
i bought one because i didn't have one already .and 1 day when i wasn't doing much my 1 riding buddy called and said i should get one so he could ride it .that's how it goes around here .

I wanted at least a 150 HP 4-stroke in a newer chassis. I would have considered any brand if they met this criteria, but nobody else did. Debated new APEX until this came out. GOOD timing for me...

Yamaha motor with that much hp in a stock snowmobile, how could I not order one!!!!!

I have never ridden a Yamaha 4 stroke but I've heard great things about the Apex motor and hope the Sidewinder motor is equally as good. The cat chassis is a very good chassis but it was the new Yamaha motor that got me to buy.

Can't say just one thing. Shocks turbo YAMAHA ecu wiring roller clutch quick release hood and able to beat the pants off of every other sled out there!!!

I ordered one because I have been riding an RX-1 for 13 seasons (11000 miles, and I still love the sled. I have not seen anything until now (Sidewinder) that I would replace it with. My RX-1 was a spring order also. Since last season was a bust for snow, I'm going all in for next season, betting on ton's of snow and the fastest production sled ever built. Hope I am right.

I was thinking of getting turbo for my Viper, but Sidewinder looks like better way to go. Factory warranty, better clutches ,Japanese Ecu, better shocks,hopefully improved chaincase.
Also like the looks of new plastic and easy to remove hood. My Viper is a 2014 with reflash done, does have starter kick back issue, concerned starter would fail out of warranty.

My only complaint with my viper was lack of top end power coming from an apex. I was going to turbo my viper but they released this. (Glad my dealer told me to hold on) Would rather put the money into a factory backed machine with new warranty.

I have been holding back from buying a new Apex for 5 years now thinking that the power stearing alone wasn't enough to pull the trigger. I have said for many years, the second Yamaha comes out with a 200+ HP sled I'm all in.

Back