• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What sled to buy?? 09 Nytro RTX SE or 09 Doo 800r X package

ASWEET

I am on the fence....I owned and 08 XP X 800r last year and spent some seat time on my pals 08 Nytro fx. I loved the power and handling of my XP but hated the seat over studder bump ride. The Nytro had very poor handling, good suspension, excellent engine. I feel confident that Doo has resolved the seat and rear suspension issues and Yammi has resolved the handling issues. The thing that puts the two apart is the engine. I really enjoyed the Yammi engine....I wont buy a 1st year Doo 4-stroke period. I dont what to deal with the "quirks" of a 1st year machine and personally dont like the cowl on the Doo 4 stroke.

I seem to go back and forth daily.....please help

p.s. the Yammi comes standard with 4 yr engine warranty the Doo will have 2yr warranty. The price difference between the two is less than 100.00

Can't beat the nytro motor thats forsure, but did they fix the handling etc none of us know at this time. Only time will tell. I went back to doo from my nytro last season, bought both an 08 RTX and 08 Rex XPX.

The engine in the past was doo's only downfall IMO however after 6000 miles no typo last winter Im confident in my machine.

My nytro is forsale in the classifieds if you want a cheap one ;)

I rode both the Nytro XTX and the Doo 4 stroke last year in Old Forge. I rode each one twice, first one then the other. The Doo felt good, power and ride were both very nice. The XTX was "FUN" to ride, pulse racing FUN. I spring ordered an XTX.

The 800R is a good engine, but its just not a high milage engine. My buddy loves his, but he is even scared to death of its burndown.
I went to my XTX because I wanted reliability. I've blown 7 Doo 2 stroke engines in the last 5 season, so that reason enuf for me. I'm a high milage guy, so failures are very common.

Deadman said:
The 800R is a good engine, but its just not a high milage engine. My buddy loves his, but he is even scared to death of its burndown.
I went to my XTX because I wanted reliability. I've blown 7 Doo 2 stroke engines in the last 5 season, so that reason enuf for me. I'm a high milage guy, so failures are very common.

i just can't believe you waited that long before you switched haha.

ya you just can't beat reliability of the yammi engine. thats what i would of chose.

darren

I too was on the fence, so much so that I had actually filled out paperwork to buy an 09 800X. At the last minute I changed my mind and ordered the Nytro RTX SE. The five year warranty and build quality of the yamaha sold me. My dealer sells both machines and in his words the Doos are 3 season sled max". I just hope that the Nytro will have enough power and speed for me since I am coming off an Attak.

I did the same thing, last minute I ordered the SE. My dealer only end up ordering 6 SE sleds and none for stock. They want my ordered SE in exchange for a white XP X 800. I know what to expect from the Doo as they have addressed for certain the few minor flaws I experienced last year on my 08 XP. The nytro on the other hand has a much bigger hurdle to overcome in regards to handing redo....did they fix it or not? are the fox floats with remote ressies going to be the next best thing or a flop?

I like everything the Yammi says on paper but the sure thing would be the Doo as I did own one last year.......still undecided

I feel its a gamble with the nytro not so much with the Doo. The other thing that really gets me is that Yammi has not stepped up to the plate and recalled last years sleds....Ski Doo has.

Sorry to say this, but after one season of use my Nytro looked the same as it did when I bought it. I seen some Ski Doo XP proto types last fall and man did they looked whip. Yes, I'm sure these Nytro's are for those high mileage riders that ride 2500 miles or more a season. After 2 seasons, my buddy did a engin overhaul on his 07 MXZ X. He told me that his Doo wouldn't had made it the whole way through the season without breaking down. These Yammi engines are tried and true. I couldn't be more happy with my Nytro, as many other guys are. As far as the handling goes "if life gives you lemons, make some lemonade" It is what it is.........you learn what your sled capabilities are and stay within them. I hardly think any sled out there is going to get away from a Nytro on any trail.

welterracer said:
read the review on the new NYTRO on this link..

WWW.MAXIMUMSLED.COM

They rated the new nytro as BEST improved front suspension

Thats hilarious! Arent they saying because it sucked so bad, (still not as good as others) that they gave it BEST improved?

I dont know if that would sound that confident to me?

I compare that to a new golfer that wins award for most improved because they changed their handicap from 100 to 85. Wow, most improved!

But, the golfer that goes from 79 to 75 isnt the BEST improved?

Not questioning you just the point about being BEST improved front suspension!

I ride with ASWEET! I know when he rode my 08 nytro he loved the engine power. I also know in our many years of riding doo's together that i have never feel behind on the trail like i have with my nytro. the handling is horrible when riding agressive. i have made some tweaks to the suspension and bought curve xs skis hoping this will help with the cornering issues. i am going to encourage my buddie (ASWEET) to buy the 09 se and if the front end changes arent fixed at least i will have someone to ride with. :moon:

At this point handling is what sets the two machines apart. It would be a lot easier to just buy the Doo as I know what to expect from the machine. But the "what if" side of me is weighing in heavily....
I wish I had rode the 09 demo sled to see if the changes were drastic. I would not expect the Yammi to out corner the XP by any means, I would expect/hope it to handle as good as the old REV chassis.

I think you can expect it to be on par with the first generation Rev chassis. I can't see them making the same mistake 2 years in a row honestly or whom would ever want to own one? I think you should be happy on either machine. The nytro motor you cannot beat in the trails that is forsure, however up north in our territory the gas tank size is a little of a issue as well depends how / where you ride too. I had no problems in southern Ontario with fuel but up north I was screwed a few times and needed my buddies REV tunnel can. I have no idea what NY trails are like so...

I rode New York and your never more then 50 miles from any gas station. With countless days and 2600 miles of riding, never once did I run out of gas or even came close to running out.

Honestly, you guys are comparing a 400 lbs sled to a 520 lbs sled. Course there will be a differance in handling. But I'll bet any money my Nytro holds up better then any XP out there year after year. Cripe, I know of a guy who jumped on a XP and his sled spent half the season in the shop. I almost felt sorry for him, but he made his choice even after his brother advised him not to get it. Even if Doo improves the many issues they had with their XP's.......it's still gonna be a turd after 3 years.

Back