• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what sled to buy

steve barber

Extreme
I now have a 2011 se apex, I want a apex xtx, I can get a good deal on a left over 2011, or should i get a 2013. was there much diff. between 2011 an new. I ready like my se, but what better ride.

steve barber said:
I now have a 2011 se apex, I want a apex xtx, I can get a good deal on a left over 2011, or should i get a 2013. was there much diff. between 2011 an new. I ready like my se, but what better ride.

I havent heard of the XTX having a better ride than the SE at all. The opposite possibly, depending on your definition of a "better ride". The SE will be smoother with the Mono shock. The XTX has advantages too, like better flotation. Just sayin'......

What are your expectations fronm the XTX?

I do a lot of riding in canada an upstate new york, the trailes sometimes can get rough, I dont want to loose my handling. I have seim agg. on skis, strap pull up one and so on the , sled goes good , I feel that I need more travel, I go 265 lbs so when I get into bad trails is were I need more travel. thanks for any help

te xtx is a stiffer/harsher set-up that is able to handle the larger bumps better in stock form. If that is your only concern, maybe some changes to your shock may be in order. As super sled mentioned, the xtx does have many advantages like flotation, less squirly on fast straight runs,bridges large bumps better, better hole shot, and IMO it just looks better as a longer version. To answer your question. Some changes have taken place from 2011-2013 to reduce hyfax wear(the 2011 was bad), and also front end ski location to reduce darting.

I havent rode a 128 before but from my 121 mono to the xtx is night and day it is a little stiffer but handles rough trails like a dream. also lands from big air quite softly. I am about 280 lbs and she carries my no prob. i have yet to bottom it out. for me that was the worst about the mono would float nice on the small stuff but hit any thing bigger and it would fail. my mono also seemed to fade on long rough rides the xtx didnt seem to suffer the same shock fade or at least not as bad. I know the hyfax wear is still an issue on the 2012 got about 1000 miles on the oem and they are just about junk would not run it again with out changing them.I dont think they changed a thing from 2012 to 2013 except the stickers. just plan on getting the dupont slides they seem to be working for everyone they are on my to buy list from the snow show this year.

Hi guys, the XTX has slider wear still on the 2012 models. I put and extra set of wheels at the front of the rail and just behind the outer small wheels at the back...problem cured ($120) and you can buy the cheap sliders for the rest of your life. As for the ride go to STAR SUSPENSIONS sight and buy their progressive ride kit for the XTX. It is 350 bucks for an extra 2" of travel, 14" total now and a smoother ride. It works. You do get greater transfer but you can adjust your front limiter to your desire. Cheers

thanls for all the replys, i do have the dupont slides on for about 1500 miles shows very litte wear, my main thing is blowing out the air shock, do the handle as well, i really have my se turn in on tight trails

Thor said" I know the hyfax wear is still an issue on the 2012 got about 1000 miles on the oem and they are just about junk would not run it again with out changing them."

Ya, but the 2011 is wearing out sets in decent snow in less than 100 miles, and before you ask, yes I mean my brother wore down one set in 75 miles to the aluminum, and my attak was still looking good at that point with over 1000 miles on them. We were riding the same stuff back to back. The "X" wheels from Ulmer, and some Low snow wheels up front from Yami, seem to have done the trick. I don't beleive that the Duponts are necessary now, but stll may try a set the next time the old slides wear down.

Back