• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what to do for lightweight and hp for a 2009 apex mountain

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 yamah apex mtx
just bought a 2009 apex mountain i am going to turbo it for sure I, was wondering what other upgrades i should do along with it for lightweight, and i also want to get a exhaust.

thanks!!!

If you do a turbo and strictly ride mountains than you do not need much just a tunnel dump or something similar.
As for weight reduction see the thread below about corner balancing. The OP went MIA but near the end myself and MikeP got in a good discussion. The takeaway was the apex stock is very well balanced. Many people found many easy ways to shave as much as 150lbs off the apex. However none of them really said it made any difference and the sled still felt heavy. I think it's because the easy weight is the seat, exhaust, rear suspension, and battery. Most of that is in the rear and takes a well balanced sled and turns it into a front heavy turd. Then people blamed the engine for being 40lbs heavier than a two stroke. Strictly speaking from a engineering perspective I think the apex can be a capable sled but when removing weight try to keep the stock ratio. If you go turbo go rear mount replacing a 25lb muffler with a 20lb turbo. If you lighten the seat and rear suspension think about switching to a ski Doo XP tank as that moves about 80lbs of fuel back keeping the front light, etc. Lastly maintain the same track flotation they come with a 16"x162" track for a reason..to float the heavy beast vs trenching. As you reduce weight you may be able get down to a 15" and maintain the same ratio of sq-ft to lbs. good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back