• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What was your best moment snowmobiling:)

Last year watching my 7 and 5 year olds tear it up... brought back memories of my first sled. For me it was also last year. I was able to go up to MI with my buddies and experienced something other than trails - it was a rush and for me - i will never ride a trail with enthusiasm again. No offense to all of you who enjoy it.. its just not for me anymore. I went out and bought a MTX this summer.

8.jpg

9.jpg

crippledncrazy said:
When I was Five years old it was Christmas morning and my parents saved this small box for last. I opened it up to find a key and was like "you bought me a car'?? Come to find out we went up to my dads friends garage and it was a brand new yamaha sno scoot. My dad fired it up I got on and he was on the back went about 100 feet slowed down and goosed it and his heels went up and off the back! One of my families greatest/funniest memory! And all my riding I got to spend riding as an able bodied person and not in a F'ing wheelchair! At least I can still ride but I miss hitting monster jumps and doing tricks, carving, standing on the back and riding wheelies. The list is endless but at least I can still ride and soon to be my greatest memory..............Owning a crazy #*$&@ turbo charged nytro!!!!! :die

Had the samething when I was a kid , but the Scoot was in the garage. My favorite sled moment happened last weekend. My buddy and I got my 3 year old sons Mini Z fired up. I ask him if he want to go for a ride, I showed him how to operated the controls, throttle and brake. I gave him a brief leason, his sled is gear and clutched so it runs in the low 20's. I let me take off with me in tow chasing holding onto the teather cord. He keep goosing it so I would have to keep shutting the machine off because I could not run that fast. He was smiling laughing and having a ball, he kept saying daddy I want to go again. This is by far my best snowmobiling moment and one of the coolest / best days of my life!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• MCX290_TK_15.jpg
    MCX290_TK_15.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 56
StoliDoli - welcome to the "other" side of snowmobiling - some people love it - other's hate it. . . .as for me "Sticks in the Face" and "Tree's for Traction" have been mantra's to live by since the late 80's ;)!

Get out there with a pack, map and compass/G'ps and explore!! :Rockon:

Back in 2003 in the UP (by Shingleton) a buddy and I decided to get up early on a Sunday morning and get a quick ride in before heading home. So we were on the trail before 6:30 AM. It had been really cold that night and all the trees had like a white frost on them and the trails were like glass. We both had SRX's at the time and were able to ride what seemed like wide open forever...

i had lots and lots of best times but i guess during the blizzard of 78 here in mass all the roads were open to sleds, and school was closed for a week we had a 338 sno-jet, and a 18 hp skiroule, i rode to the store for everyone i knew and picked up groceries, and they gae me gas money, HA they thought i was doing them a favor

Roads open to sled travel. . . .still waiting for that "100 year storm" here in "Minne" allthough the "Perfect Storm" once it got this far inland was pretty close.

When it does I'm gonna ride 394 right into downtown and take a rip from one end to the other of Nicolett Mall - then stop at Britt's Pub for a pint of Boddington's and a basket of Fish & Chips with a Irish CB chaser :Rockon:

Cheers,

Sticks in the Face said:
Roads open to sled travel. . . .still waiting for that "100 year storm" here in "Minne" allthough the "Perfect Storm" once it got this far inland was pretty close.

When it does I'm gonna ride 394 right into downtown and take a rip from one end to the other of Nicolett Mall - then stop at Britt's Pub for a pint of Boddington's and a basket of Fish & Chips with a Irish CB chaser :Rockon:

Cheers,

Did you forget Halloween of '91? There was 31" of snow in 24-hours. Now you've only got 82-years to wait until your next opportunity to rail down Nicollet Mall.

I'd hit Runyon's first.

Riding in 3 feet of freash powder,getting stuck every time i turn oround,,,waiting for your best friend Nitrousman to help me dig out,marsh finding every tree in a empty airfield shees.... hangin out with the NewGuy laughing as the Sweeper Sarg clears the road also the trail,,,then along comes the Powerslider "hes almost Blind",,,,, stay out of his way,,,,I love every single second Im over that bridge ,nothing matters ,burndowns,broken chains,suspension failer,run outa gas,blow belt,weve seen it all,,,,I love my friends............. and i cant wait for the very first snow this season IN 16 DAYS...Spike

I have rode snowmobiles my entire life. I was only 2 months old when I first rode. I am 30 years old this year. We have a cabin in Rose City, MI. We literally know every back road and fire road in the National Forest there. We can ride for hours and never be lost and not be on a groomed trail. The groomed trails are great as well but nothing is better riding side trails and be only 2 or 3 other guys on the trail before hand.

This ranks right up there. Being the first to hit the trails after a big storm. The photo below is from '06 with 22" of fresh snow in northern Wisconsin - on a weekday morning. I've had two similar runs in northern Minnesota since. With a short track it's hard on belts but it's a ton-o-fun right up to when you hit a big buried tree root and bend the subframe.

Attachments

• 22in of Fresh.jpg
    22in of Fresh.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 52
So many great memories it is really hard to say the best or most memorable. I have been riding snowmobiles as long as I can remember, and of all the things that I have done, Motocross, Rodeo, racing go-karts, I enjoy racing and riding sleds more than anything.

Nothing better than finding that untouched trail, cresting a mountain top, making a National Snocross Final, racing your buddies down the river, waterskipping in the middle of summer and watching peoples reactions when they realize that were riding snowmobiles, Crusing down the river with Bald Eagles flying right over top of us, getting stuck for two hours in the deepest powder and knowing that it was worth all the work to get it out!

The list can go on for ever, there are so many great things about snowmobiling, I love every part of it!

Dustin

For a while I had been trying to get my wife to just go and get the 1996 Polaris Classic that she liked at the dealer, to replace her '91 Phazer. She has a very hard time with buying herself anything (I'm VERY lucky), but I kept pushing her to just do it. She finally agreed and when we went to go pick it up, there on the trailer with hers was the '96 Ultra that I had been drooling over at the dealer for the last month. Total surprise to me, had a lot of fun with that sled, and still have fun with the hotty that got it for me!

Back