• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What was your best moment snowmobiling:)

A

Anonymous

I just want people to stop complaning and asking dumb questions and ask a good question, what is your best memory on a snowmobile, weather it's winning a drag race or cruising through Yellowstone and seeing a buffalow. Let's all remember why we snowmobile for a minute.

When I was Five years old it was Christmas morning and my parents saved this small box for last. I opened it up to find a key and was like "you bought me a car'?? Come to find out we went up to my dads friends garage and it was a brand new yamaha sno scoot. My dad fired it up I got on and he was on the back went about 100 feet slowed down and goosed it and his heels went up and off the back! One of my families greatest/funniest memory! And all my riding I got to spend riding as an able bodied person and not in a F'ing wheelchair! At least I can still ride but I miss hitting monster jumps and doing tricks, carving, standing on the back and riding wheelies. The list is endless but at least I can still ride and soon to be my greatest memory..............Owning a crazy #*$&@ turbo charged nytro!!!!! :die

Yes!!!!!

crippledncrazy said:
When I was Five years old it was Christmas morning and my parents saved this small box for last. I opened it up to find a key and was like "you bought me a car'?? Come to find out we went up to my dads friends garage and it was a brand new yamaha sno scoot. My dad fired it up I got on and he was on the back went about 100 feet slowed down and goosed it and his heels went up and off the back! One of my families greatest/funniest memory! And all my riding I got to spend riding as an able bodied person and not in a F'ing wheelchair! At least I can still ride but I miss hitting monster jumps and doing tricks, carving, standing on the back and riding wheelies. The list is endless but at least I can still ride and soon to be my greatest memory..............Owning a crazy #*$&@ turbo charged nytro!!!!! :die

That is exactly what I am looking for! I swear I had a tear reading it.

This past winter was my first season riding and it was a blast, should have done it sooner. The whole season seems like one big, blurry, happy memory!! Logged 1700 miles in 6 weeks, good for staying in PA I suppose. Can't wait for snow!!! I'm addicted!!!

crippledncrazy is my new hero!! :Rockon:

Everyone who reads this should post something. Even if you only rode for one season you have a best memory on a sled. I really and I'm sure we really want to know your best moment on a sled. This is a post to remember why we have the passion for snowmobileing so tell your story.

Two summers ago I bought a red '07 Phazer to ride around while my son rode a '00 Super Sport. He loved to "trade" sleds for the day when we would go out and ride. I hated riding that SS. So, one day last winter we went to a snowmobile store and they had two left over '07 Phazers on the floor. One blue and one red. I looked at him and I said," What one do you want? Pick one." He was not quite sure what to say. He asked if I was joking. I told him I was not and he picked out a blue '07 Phazer GT. I have never seen a kid so happy in all my life. We stopped and picked up some lunch on the way home and the whole time he sat by the window and looked at that sled on the trailer. He is so proud of that thing. He would go out in the garage 100 times a day to sit on it and look at it. Still does! We love to ride together and spend every moment we can going out on the trails to grab a bite to eat. Fun times. I will miss that when he moves on in life.

Riding my dads old 340 cyclone. I hit a drift and me and seat flew off the snowmobile! lol it was a good time!!

Me, my dad, brother and a bunch of family friends used to have this one spot off to the side of a trail enroute to a remote lake in northern Manitoba where we used to have a weenie roast and brew up some bush tea. There would be anywhere from 10-15 people all having a great time. At the nearby lake there would be tree boughs overhanging the shoreline that we would jump out of in to the deep snow along the shoreline. Moments like the ones we have all shared here cannot be described by pictures. The true enjoyment can only be experienced by passing it to others who join this wonderful sport we call snowmobiling.

My father and I always went snowmobiling together. Last year I lost both of my grandparents (my dad's parents) and due to their financial stituation, my grandparents didnt have enough of money to pay for the funerals. My father decided to sell his snowmobile to cover the costs. Knowing how much that sled meant to him I bought it. I could tell he was relieved that I bought but he was also upset to see it go. On Christmas day, my mom asked my dad to take out the garbage. When he opened the garage door, there sat his snowmobile with a giant red bow. My dad is a man of few words. He looked at me and smiled and told me to get my gear and lets ride. Thats my best snowmobiling moment ever.

Thanks

Boy - it's been almost 28 years now since I first started riding sleds as a kid - so many moments to choose from I doubt I would be able to pick just a few.

In the end I guess that's what keeps us all coming back for more - it's that first time you eclipsed 100mph, that time you chose what seemed to be the "impossible" line through the trees and pulled it off, the sharing stories and telling tall tales trailside or at your favorite pit-stop with friends and family..

It's the happy times - the scary times and the crap times (don't believe me just smoke a hub and spend a better part of the afternoon running for parts in order to repair roadside in the freezing rain) :o|

So here's to another fun filled season of thrills and chills in the company of friends.

Cheers :drink:

My best moment sleddin was when I melted my ski-dont down for the 4th time and said "fook it" Im gettin a Yamaha. Rotax 800s SUCK!!! Got one more ski-dont to burn down. When shes gone Im done with em.

Wow this is a hard one. Ever since I can remember I've had a snowmobile, starting off on an olympic and an elan in 1982 at 4 years old. i can remember the carb spitting gas in my face and the friggin cold metal throttle and brake levers. Christmas of 1986 my brother and I got a ski doo citation from my parents and put almost 1000 miles on it without ever leaving the 2 acre yard. If we were home we were riding that thing :).

Watching my riding buddy fling in the air like super man when he smacked a culvert at 40 mph :rofl: Won't for get that s#@! hey BRO !!!!!!! :moon: :rofl:

Back