• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats with the new ads ++delete++

ApexRtxGuy

Expert
whats with the new ads on the top its like they trump over normal ads. just one of my observations while i try to stay sain at work. :dunno:

I don't notice any ads. Perhaps you've got a virus? What ads are they?

like credit report ads and such like that. just saw a capitol one ad. it started as an ulmer racing ad and switch half way thourgh.

You more than likely have some spyware on your pc that are redirecting the ads to different sites. You should download a anti-spyware program and run a scan. We use Spybot which works well, run the updates and run a scan and you will be surprised how much stuff is in there. You cant really hurt anything even if that's not your problem.

Another good one to use is Malwarebytes' -anti malware. We always run a couple of different ones, seems like there is not one specific package that gets all of your spyware these days.

here is a picture of one of these ads

Attachments

• SilverMessage_468x60.gif
    SilverMessage_468x60.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 180
Yeah I'd say that's spyware, did you have any luck running an anti-spyware software? Did it come back with anything? If you used spybot at the top there is a mode button you can change that to advanced then click on Tools in the bottom right hand corner. Then hit the checkbox for BHO's and see what it listed. Nine times out of ten you are either going to have something listed there that isn't supposed to be. Or if there is nothing there click on the System Startup button on the left hand side of that same Tools menu. Here is a list of everything that runs when you start your PC, anything that Spybot considers bad will be in Red and if it doesnt look familiar delete it. Hopefully this gets you in the right direction at least, post up what you find.

Cool, just keep your eye out b/c the spyware has gotten nasty latley and they come up with all kinds of ways to hide things even from the best anti-spyware. I would run that once in awhile just to make sure you dont pick something up again.

Back