• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

where do you guys mount your licence plate???????????????

happy1426

Expert
more for canadian people as i believe you u.s guys use a sticker right??? Anyways im goin to put my new flap on tommorow of the new style and was wondering whether to drill holes in it or not??thanks also do you guys cut some of the new flap or just leave it alone???

I wish we had plates here in NY instead of the stupid stickers. Then I could just rivit it to the madflap and be done with it.....

My plate is screwed into the flap. 3 plastic licence plate screws with locking nuts I got at Crappy Tire. We have Off Road Enforcement Officers on our trails (when we eventually get enough snow). It needs to be visible on the back. I had it on the left side of the tunnel & my foot sometimes hid it & this was frowned upon. The way I have it attached the flap would have to come off to lose the plate. I trimmed my flap when I was studded as the studs would snag on it, now run the IceAttak track so that is no longer an issue but already trimmed.

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
ApexerER said:
I wish we had plates here in NY instead of the stupid stickers. Then I could just rivit it to the madflap and be done with it.....

Really.....I would rather have a Sticker instead of that stupid plate :flag:

The stickers peel and there really isn't a good place to put them on the Apex. Riviting a plate to the back would be a perfect soulution as far as I am concerened. I guess you always want what you can't have.....

ApexerER said:
I guess you always want what you can't have.....

How True :jump:

I normally mount the plate on the top of the track extenion, but with a second heat exchanger there I can't mount it there.......I guess I'll try it on the rear snow flap like you guys :flag:

In Sweden the licenceplate must be visible from the front.(If you want to be legal)
There is no place to put it so I made a plastic plate.
Drill two holes on it.(for fixingscrews)
Bent strongholds of strong wire to the two screws located between the meter and the windshield and then paste the sticker on it.
It works well if you have a clear windshield.

Attachments

• PICT1657.JPG
    PICT1657.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 105
  • PICT1664.JPG
    PICT1664.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 100
Re: where do you guys mount your licence plate??????????????

Re: where do you guys mount your licence plate???????????????

on the back of my car :drink:

Back