• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

which extrovert?

jeffT

Pro
Im long tracking my rtx. going to a 144" x 1.75" back country track. Im also installing wahl extroverts. can anyone tell me if the 9 tooth will work or do I need to go with an 8 tooth driver because of clearance issues.
thanks in advance everyone

You want 8t.If you need some let me know.
$163.80 shipped and with tax.

920-582-4823

9 tooth will fit on a rtx with no problems. I'd spend the extra money and get the avids instead of the wahls...the wahls seem to wear out alot faster than the avids.

dirkdiggler said:
I would stay away from the extroverts unless you don't care about lost HP at the track.

With the 1.75 backcountry, he's got no choice- the standard drivers will ratchet like crazy- that's definitely lost horsepower. BTW- you'll love the hookup of the deeper lug track on the Nytro.... :jump: It gives you a chance to see just how hard that motor can pull... The 9-tooth will fit fine on your RTX, the 8-tooth will give you a little more low-end grunt at the expense of top end speed. With either, you'll have to remove your tunnel protectors to clear that track. Either way- it's completely worth it for the deeper lugs. Avids are definitely better drivers, but are much more expensive.... get 'em if you have the extra coin- but there's absolutely nothing wrong with Wahls. Runnin' em' on two of my sleds right now and absolutely no extraneous wear issues.

sleddingfarmer said:
9 tooth will fit on a rtx with no problems. I'd spend the extra money and get the avids instead of the wahls...the wahls seem to wear out alot faster than the avids.
one person says 8t. one says 9t and one says dont do it. lmfao. all i want to know is if the 9t will clear with the 1.75" track. thanks again for the input guys

the track lug will clear everything with 9 tooth, and the tips of your rails will also clear with 9 tooth. I'm running the 9 tooth and so are lots of people. But you WILL have to remove your tunnels protectors to make enough room for the 1.75 track.

Fit and work correctly are two different things.For proper snow displacement use the 8t.

I just installed Wahl Bros Extro's and a backcountry track on my XTX, you do need the Extros with the track, I tried it with the stock drivers and you had to baby the throttle to keep it from ratcheting. I installed 9 tooth.

Someone mentioned earlier in this post that installing extro's would loose you h.p. at the track, I find that statement hard to believe, care to explain.

mj

Back