• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

which front end to get in the offseason?

robo cop

Veteran
ok got an mtx se this year the power is great handling on side hills and such not so much... which is better z bro's front end +4 or a timbersled front end? what do you think?

They all will work better then stock. Each one has its problems as well. I am going to buy the skinz kit this summer for mine. I just think that its the best one from all the write-ups i have read even though it still has problems. I believe that the z-bros front end as good as it is falls a little short. Skinz still has problems with their bent steering rods but i have read they are working on that issue. I have the bark buster front on my nytro right now and the only benefit it has is it light weight but it doesnt halp correct the geometery problem the nytro has. I do like the z-bros front end and think it is a great kit. For me i think the futher you can move the skies forward the better off you will be with the nytro and that is why i am going with skinz

I've installed a diamond s and I personal would never run one. Skinz is still the best kit I have seen, used, or been around and i have seen them all.

I just put the narrow timbersled front end on my xtx and its better than stock i got a great deal on it. From what i have read the skinz is the top dog.

bholmlate said:
They all will work better then stock. Each one has its problems as well. I am going to buy the skinz kit this summer for mine. I just think that its the best one from all the write-ups i have read even though it still has problems. I believe that the z-bros front end as good as it is falls a little short. Skinz still has problems with their bent steering rods but i have read they are working on that issue. I have the bark buster front on my nytro right now and the only benefit it has is it light weight but it doesnt halp correct the geometery problem the nytro has. I do like the z-bros front end and think it is a great kit. For me i think the futher you can move the skies forward the better off you will be with the nytro and that is why i am going with skinz

What have you heard about the Skinz steering rods? I've bent mine twice now, once big time, the second time just a bit. They seem to be tough when you straigthen them out, but a bit dainty if you catch anything. i bought a spare set to be safe and am straightening the original set hoping the aluminum will strengthen a bit with "cold" forming.

Thanks

OTM

OTM

I read a post over on SW in a forum that was discusing the fact that the bent steering rods in the skinz kit were prone to bending. MOTO (Jeff) said that he has bent 4 sets so far and a few other people had bent theirs as well. The forum post was started by someone that rolled their sled over after getting stuck in deep powder and noticed his skies where toed out a considerable amount and thought he would ask if anyone else was having issues Serveral other people posted that they had similar experiences.

I cant remember if MOTO said it or someone else in the forum mentioned that Skins was looking into this issue and was thinking about making the steering rods out of stronger material like chromoly after this season for those who have been having problems with bending them while rolling their sleds over or hitting something while sidehilling in a full counter steer.

I brought up the fact that even if they are made out of a stronger material they will still be prone to bend if the bend in the rod itself is not reinforced somehow within the centerline of the bend. Once metal is bent it will continue to bend more easily then a straight peice. Hopefully they will come up with something that will work better. Its the only real concern I have about the Skinz front end. However i have no way of confirming this information is true or not.

Back