• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which is better deal

edgerider

Veteran
Looking at a couple more sleds. 2006 Rage, reverse with 4100 miles and a 2003 RX-1, no reverse with 1300 miles. Pretty much the same price. Which is a better sled for the money? last year I rode a 2005 Polaris XC SP 700 if that helps at all. Thanks in advance!

I would go with the Rage just because of all the updates and improvements done in the three years between the two.

03 was the very first edition of the RX... the rage does have alot of little upgrades that are worth it.. mileage is null and void... as far as i know under regular conditions you need to adjust valves at 20000 miles... ;-)

I agree the Rage is more refined.

I also had thousands of miles on an edge chasis before my Apex. Do you have any miles on either of these chassis ?

The big difference is in off throttle handling. In short the edge chasis coasts smooth easy and well balanced. The four strokes do not coast they engine break, weight shift to the front / ski's. I have come to like this and expect it.
This is were the uninformed say they can't take they weight, why? Just when they want the predictable coast and balanced chassis to set up for the corner the engine brake loads skis unloads the track creates uncertainty. I and most of the TY"rs love engine braking and learn to ease of throttle to 'coast' or brake depending on what the driver wants. You may already know and love this.

Yamadoo

I have thousands on miles on my old Edge chassis and loved it. My 05 had an engine break too but I assume it's nothing compared to the 4-stroke.

I also know of an 03 RX-1 with reverse and around 3000 miles. I assume reverse or no reverse the rage is the better option...

i would definetly want reverse on one of these sleds. One of the reasons i love my warrior is the fact that it has reverse my old mxz 800 didnt have reverse or electric start and i hated it

as far as I know yeah just the motor 4 cylinder vs 3 I think power wise its something like 145 for the warrior and 120 for the rage cant remeber exactly

not sure what price your looking at but i would look for a 05 rx1 they came with the mono shock skid. Ive seen thm sell fairly cheap, around $4k

edgerider said:
Now the difference between the Warrior and the Rage is pretty much just the motor correct?

Yes, given the same model years. I would consider the Rage over the RX1. With the weight of these sleds, reverse is priceless. Other differences in the skid make the Rage a better choice IMO. The 06' Rage should have the Mono with the remote adjuster on the tunnel as compared to the Pro-action skid in the RX1. The Mono skid will ride much better than the Pro-action. And the 136" skid in the Rage will hook up better than the RX1 with the 121'. G.B.

Back