• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which is the best heavy duty sled lift?

nytro addict

Expert
I'm looking at purchasing a heavy duty sled lift. I've seen some real cheesie looking lifts. And was wondering, what you guys think is the best one out there to buy.

I have made and bought various lifts, nothing real nice, even use auto lift on sleds occasionally, but by far prefer to just use a cheap 1000lb harber freight 110volt hoist. have one in both shops and litterally have something hanging from them 24/7. easy to use, nothing in the way. even if just used to set snowmobile on saw horse or whatever. rarely use my lifts

I bought the $169 lift from sportsmans direct, it will lift an Apex...but it is pretty sketchy.

As a cheap (and safer) alternative, get a pair of big ratchet straps, and hang them from your ceiling, you can go as high as you want if you cycle between two of them.

If you need to work on the underside just tip the sled on it's side.

Mark

I just bought the 1,000 lb capacity engine hoist (a.k.a. Cherry Picker) for $99 bucks and it works awesome.

Had my whole skid out with the back end of the sled way up in the air for quite some time.

Best thing is, when done with the hoist it folds up nicely to take up minimum footprint in the shop.

Best money Ive spent in a while ;)!

I have an Arctic Cat lift that works pretty will with my Rage. I got a pretty good deal on it as my friend gets a discount at our local Cat dealer. It lifts the sled just fine and seems pretty heavy duty. The only thing I dont like is that the wheels are pretty small. My garage floor has some cracks and when the wheel gets stuck and you are pushing on the sled to get the lift moving, the running board support pads can fold down and the back end of the sled drops. If I can come up with a way to pin the supports, I would be in good shape. G.B.

Vincenthdfan said:
I just bought the 1,000 lb capacity engine hoist (a.k.a. Cherry Picker) for $99 bucks and it works awesome.

Had my whole skid out with the back end of the sled way up in the air for quite some time.

Best thing is, when done with the hoist it folds up nicely to take up minimum footprint in the shop.

Best money Ive spent in a while ;)!

This seems like an awesome idea. More sturdy than the rafters probably and for not a huge chunk of change down!!!!!!

Mike

Back