• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who else runs 11,000 RPM with their stock Apex?

number1kyster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SW RTX SE
My 07 RTX has over 8,000 miles on it and it runs at 11,000-11,100 RPM at WOT. It has always done this since it was broken in. This fall the dealer rebuilt the clutches and it ran 10,700 for about 500 miles and now it is back. My question is, what are the consequences of running these RPM's. I have a cobra track with extrovert drivers and that is my only mod.

I don't pull it on our grass drag strip, but on snow it will pull very close to 11 grand from a stop. If rolling, maybe 10,700 or so. These things really like 11 grand!!
No consequence. They love it. You will never have the sticking ring/using oil issue if you run em hard.

My Attak runs up there too using stock clutching. It's fine running that high. It will pull better down at 10,800 but mine will only run that low with a fresh belt. Put 500 miles on the belt and its back up at 11,000-11,100. Doesn't hurt a thing.

The computer starts pulling back timing anything past 10,900.

Can you say Rev Limiter!!! I hit it all the time, doesnt hurt a thing. In the racing world we call it running "On the chip". In the steep and deep I would much rather be over reving rather then under. Eric

i see alot of people are hitting the 11,000 mark or more, but there's no gain is there, i was hitting 11,000 all the time and added some weight to my super tips to bring it down, what's the benefit of hitting 11,000, when the peak h.p. drop off at 10,800-10,900

The Tweaker said:
Mine runs around 11,000 on hard pack and seems to pull a little harder at 10,700

x2 exact same here, I'm looking in DRAG N FLY ramps to bring down the rpm's to its peek torque band.

SharkAttak said:
i see allot of people are hitting the 11,000 mark or more, but there's no gain is there, i was hitting 11,000 all the time and added some weight to my super tips to bring it down, what's the benefit of hitting 11,000, when the peak h.p. drop off at 10,800-10,900

There is no benefit of running it at 11,000. It just goes there on a good air day, no big deal. Running down the trail fast blasting cold air into the nose of the sled, it's just making good power and spinning that high. They don't hit the rev limiter till 11,250 so its OK. They may start pulling timing back, but the power is not dropping off too bad there. It's only like a half of a HP, so its very minimal. Not like a two stroke falling completely off the pipe. I would rather have it up there on a good power day in the good conditions than be running down low in poor conditions in the powder. They slow down allot more running below 10,500. Anywhere between 10,500-11,000 is fine using stock clutching.

KnappAttack said:
SharkAttak said:
i see allot of people are hitting the 11,000 mark or more, but there's no gain is there, i was hitting 11,000 all the time and added some weight to my super tips to bring it down, what's the benefit of hitting 11,000, when the peak h.p. drop off at 10,800-10,900

There is no benefit of running it at 11,000. It just goes there on a good air day, no big deal. Running down the trail fast blasting cold air into the nose of the sled, it's just making good power and spinning that high. They don't hit the rev limiter till 11,250 so its OK. They may start pulling timing back, but the power is not dropping off too bad there. It's only like a half of a HP, so its very minimal. Not like a two stroke falling completely off the pipe. I would rather have it up there on a good power day in the good conditions than be running down low in poor conditions in the powder. They slow down allot more running below 10,500. Anywhere between 10,500-11,000 is fine using stock clutching.

It falls more than that, like 5hp... But IMO... These sleds don't get hurt when falling off the pipe... They just seem to run on RPM, but you will run better @10,800... Now id you have a PCIII/ignition controller where the timing is advanced 4-6 degrees, then run it high, 11,000-11,100 on the top is good...

Back