• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who's using what oil. when to change the filter

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 yamaha sr viper ltx dx
I have been sticking to the yama lube 0-30 semi synthetic. But I also change the filter and oil at every season. even if i haven't put on the exceeded recommend miles per my manual.
I figure for a few bucks extra its good insurance.

I have been changing oil and filter once a year regardless. Been using full yamaha synthetic. Just how i do things.

Same I change oil/filter every fall before winter. My preference is the Yamaha full synthetic oil change kit, I just use the kit because then it comes with new gaskets.
LUB-SMBCG-KT-25

manual calls for semi-synthetic and I recall a thread discussion on the difference between full and semi synthetic and something about the oil pump. I use recommend semi-synthetic by yamaha and change at the end of every season.

Using the AC 0-40 full synthetic kit comes with all the gaskets Yamaha filter, everything but the nitrit gloves for $35.00 dollars less than Yami kit and probably the same oil it came from the factory with
I also believe in new season new oil even if our last three seasons have been exceptional shitty
161 klm last year 500 the year before this year "still waiting on snow"

Last edited:

Back