• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why can't I find this in the Yamaha catalog????

re:heat exchanger

Checkout Port Yamaha on this site. I believe I remember the price as being between 90 and 100$. My local dealer said it would cost me 100 installed on my Rage. I am still debating wether to do this or not. I have had no overheating issues but the added cooling cannot hurt. Check with your local dealer also.He may have one in stock. The buy it now price seems hig to me.

Dealer cost on it is $50 give or take a few $$. I know because my dealer showed me his cost. Give him 10% markup and 1 hour to install and you're at about $110 installed?? Had one put on mine for added insurance. I want this motor to last and heat will be it's biggest enemy, so anything I can do to insure it's longevity I will do, and $100 is cheap insurance IMO.

Dealers sell them for $85.00 plus install, I would buy the yami part as it is factory and it is cheaper. First I would talk with dealer if you are having overheating problems some have warranteed for customer.

8ET-RHECR-KT-00 is the part number. Dealer cost is around $45 on them.

My dealer offered me one for 42.00. Yamaha has asked there dealer's to offer them at cost due to the marginal cooling in poor cond's. He showed me the price in there book that they are supposed to sell them for. If i keep mine i will add one for that price. kviper

Well, thanks for all the info guys.

I've got to bring in one of my RS Ventures in for warranty work shortly regarding a persistant squealing belt at idle. So, I gather that I should hit them up for the cooling issue & see what they'll do for me in regards to it running hot at times.

If I mention it, will they do something under warranty about the clutch rattle & smoking track slides? Do the marginal snow wheel kits work?

Thanks again ;)!

re:heat exchanger

I had one put on my Vector 3 weeks ago and it has not overheated since. The dealer charged me $42 for the part and $60 to put it in. I think it was well worth it.

Back