• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

will arctic cat suspension fit apex

Well the reason I asked the question is because last weekend I broke my rear shock and the limiter straps. I assume its because of the turbo. But my reason for arctic cat is because of money and also they have more travel so I think it would help keep the front end down plus be a lot lighter.

Im sure you could get one in there. the AC suspensions do work better then the stock suspension. I had a Timbersled in my Nytro and i have the M10 in my apex. I would recommend either one of them. the Timbersled was very nice expecially for the money. I would definatly pay the extra cash for a Timbersled over an AC one anyday.

They will fit. Just a little tweaking and some basic handy man skills. I have a M series skid under my RX1. The holes wont line up as nice as the rx1 but definately doable. I would go with a m-series 153 skid with the 162 track. The weight difference is incredible.

Definitely doable. You might need to put stiffer springs in to compensate for the heavier Apex.

They will fit. Just a little tweaking and some basic handy man skills. I have a M series skid under my RX1. The holes wont line up as nice as the rx1 but definately doable. I would go with a m-series 153 skid with the 162 track. The weight difference is incredible.
do you have a write up or possibly measurements on where to drill the wholes. my buddy is looking to do this exact swap, 121 apex to 153 cat skid and the shop that was supposed to do it is giving him the run around

Take all the measurements and points of contact from the Cat and transfer them to the Yami tunnel and it will work. I have done it to an 04

i know hauck powersports put a viper (pro cross) suspensiong in an apex looked pretty good too.

We measured the thundercat's bolt holes, and transfered them to the apex, we put the 136" 1998 thundercat skid under our 2005 rx1, and works great.
But i wanna know why people go with the cat suspensions, vs the Polaris or ski-doo, i went with cat for availability in my case.

Find someone with a wrecked cat tunnel. There's plenty of buckled ones out there. Cut it up and use holes for a pattern. Or find a good one with skid out and use plexy glass to make a template.

I put a m1000 skid on my 06 mountain last year. It works better than stock, and it sure is lighter.
apex.jpg

aa.jpg

Hey I seen this I am doing the same thing to a 2003 rx1 was wondering if you have any measurements or any tips for installing it and your front end looks like there is lots of clearance is that an after market front end??
I put a m1000 skid on my 06 mountain last year. It works better than stock, and it sure is lighter. View attachment 134768
View attachment 134767

Long time since I were here. In the photo there is pioneer wide front end (45"?) with fox floats from an arctic cat. Nowadays I run stock apex width (42") with ohlins ttx shocks.
When I put the skid in, I had to reinforce the tunnel in the front (you see the metal plates, and then riveted stainless plates inside tunnel.) and moved the rear drop brackets a bit forward. I used the measurements from a thread on here with putting this skid into a nytro (search and you will find..) as a basis. Then I put the skid into the track, with the tensioners loosened, and placed the sled in the position I found best (height wise). Then I measured where the holes would be, while pushing the skid backwards. Measured, measured again, measured again, marked (compared what I got with the basis measurements from the nytro thread, so that I wasn´t to far off..) and drilled. If I remember correctly I put the rear drop brackets so that I didn´t have to drill them.

Good luck, if you´re doing this.

Back