• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will I be happy with this move??? (ZX2 skid)

heelingcowboy1

VIP Member
So after 3 years of tinkering-fabricating-reinforcing and revalving the ProActive CK skid under my 07 RTX I think It is time to cut my losses and move on to a diffrent skid. Was thinking about a $1000 shock upgrade but that would just be more money into a sinking ship. Soo--- I am looking for imput and Info on ZX2 suspension from AD Boivin. First off where in the heck do I get one of these in the US?? And how much coin is this baby gunna cost me??? Any real downsides with this skid?? If you have ridden one or have one let me know how you like it!! thanks and as always :yam:

I was interested in the zx2 but price to much for me $2000.00.

$2000.00 for REAL????!!!!! That is more then there Expert X skid!!! I thought it was in the price range of $1200.00 + or -. :o|

They are expensive- however, they do tend to pop up quite often on the web as guys part out their custom builds and can be had much more affordably...no experience for me, look pretty sweet though.

That seems like allot of coin for a "everyone can afford" skid!!! I just found an article from back a few years ago when they first came out with it and they started selling it for a$899 promo price!!! Heck I might just buy the expert X skid if the ZX2 is more money!! 8-O

Yea, their cost has shot through the roof in the last 4 years. Gone up like $200 a year on that skid. But guys who have them installed swear by them.

I know I'll catch hell for this one from some of you, but I'd say pick up a beefed up Mono skid cheap and try that one out. Get the Ohlins shock. Then send the Ohlins shock off to bjowett and let him work his magic. Made my Mono skid a very nice, confident ride on my Attak. And my riding style is fast through tight, twisty, bombed out trails in Northern MN. We don't have superhighways for snowmobile trails like U.P. or Canada. Everything is tight, hilly and twisty. And by Sunday everything is bombed out and bumpy. I used to hate the Mono -- now i love it.

I put one on my attak last year. Was a little too soft for me, had hygear revalve it. Put on over 2000 miles, didn't touch a thing all season. When i bought it, I wanted an extra set of hyfax, They said I wouldn't need them for at least 5000 miles. I talked him into selling me a set, I checked mine before I put the sled away for the year. They might be about 30% down, I'm not even bothering to change them. I had an m-10 on my last sled and didn't like the weight transfer, but it rode like a cadillac. I wouldn't buy anything else now.
These guys are their seller. http://www.2mmotorsports.com/en/SNO-SUSP.aspx
This is a good write up on the skid, I think he has around 17000 miles on it now. He's the guy to ask if you have any questions

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

Super Sled said:
Yea, their cost has shot through the roof in the last 4 years. Gone up like $200 a year on that skid. But guys who have them installed swear by them.

I know I'll catch hell for this one from some of you, but I'd say pick up a beefed up Mono skid cheap and try that one out. Get the Ohlins shock. Then send the Ohlins shock off to bjowett and let him work his magic. Made my Mono skid a very nice, confident ride on my Attak. And my riding style is fast through tight, twisty, bombed out trails in Northern MN. We don't have superhighways for snowmobile trails like U.P. or Canada. Everything is tight, hilly and twisty. And by Sunday everything is bombed out and bumpy. I used to hate the Mono -- now i love it.

X2 if you get the mono setup right I feel its one of the best skids. A lot of it has to do with the shock you run. I have an Ohlins in my skid and love it.

Thanks for the info guys---I was really interested in the ZX2 till I realized that they have jumped up over $1000 than what they started out years ago!!! Still will probably end up putting the Expert X in the sled than since that is several 100 less than the ZX2. Basically I am flat out tired of messing with the ProActive CK skid Soo $1800-$2000 to me will be worth it if I can get this thing to flat out handle about everything that I can throw at it!! Anyone know of anyone with the Expert X under there Apex??

If you sign up for their newsletter they have specials quite often. I bought mine last November with the 136 extension, mounting kit, extra hyfax, and shipping, was $1940.

Back