• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will I like a Nytro If I like the ZR 7000?

I think get shocks set to you either by settings or have company such as hygear rebuild them and get them set, wrp seat, skis, oft relocate make up my list of must dos that put riding position, handling and ride where it should be. Everything from there is your own deal. My hand warmers were broke for past cpl seasons and just finally fixed them, never bugged me just time for warmth. I think procross might be bit more stable chassis but hard to tell. My dad did skis and shocks on his viper and I haven't gotten to ride it since. But he has ridden my nytro and said night and day from stock.

One of the besst parts is being able to stand up so easily and it being so comfortable. Most sleds are so low down and when sitting, your knees are level or close to level with your waste which makes it hard to stand. But on the nytro, since you sit higher up, there is no effort to stand. And once your standing, you feel secure. Those other trail sleds where you stand and if you have to stop quick of hit a big bump and wernt ready for it, then you're going over the bars. But not the nytro. I got the 2012 xtx. Loving it! Love hitting that throttle on some hills on the trails or drifts in powder and being able to pop those ski up a a foot or two! Or 3;)

I have '09 Nytro XTX and a 2014 Viper RTX. The Nytro took a lot of add-ons to get it where I like, Viper was way closer right out of the box. I like the ergonomics of the Nytro better (after relocating handlebar forward), I really feel "part of" the sled and in total control at all speeds over any terrain. Stock to stock the Viper has a better ride though. The Nytro requires a little more "technique" to keep flat in the corners. I ride the Viper more, mostly because of how well Allen Ulmer tuned the turbo set up (more power is definitely more fun) but my Nytro is a blast to ride.
***Some of my riding buddies really don't like the Nytro, due to the higher center of gravity, so I would definitely recommend that you try one before you buy one.

I drove my Nytro stock once, and it sucked. Now with split rails, proper alignment, oilite bushings, oft locate and wrp seat its like a whole new sled.

Today I drove my brothers 14 viper 129 and then my nytro back to back. The ride over bumps is slightly better on the viper, but my front floats also have 15000kms and pitted shafts. Better gauge on the viper too.

Everything else the nytro does better. While doing a tight u turn the bars hit my body on the viper. The viper doesnt feel as smooth, more vibration and weird noises/resonance. The vipers dont trasfer weight and get a hole shot like a nytro either.

Originally he was going to boost the viper, but now hes looking for a boosted nytro because he likes mine so much.

So basically nytros are good, and if you like the viper youll like the nytro, just not the way the nytro is stock.

Rode a friends ac 1100 turbo few weekends ago. I know it's not the zr but I thought it rode very similar to my nytro. The 1100 was bone stock and like the people that posted above my nytro has had lots of adjustment with similar mods.

The 1100 turbo power was awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would get the Viper unless you want to spend lots of money on split rails, oft relocate, trail tank and WRP seat to make the Nytro handle like the Viper. There is a reason they discontinued the Nytro which was yamaha's newest chassis.

Don't need split rails. Curves or c&a's will achieve the same for half the cost and a lot of guys have them used places too. Oft, skis, wrp are my must have list and I actually liked the comfort more than the viper and get more in the sled. Viper feels like your sitting ontop of it and there's a lot of sled compared to nytro also.

Best suggestion, ride one and see. Your looking little under a grand to get the nytro where you like it with upgrades. Plus side there maybe a used one with atleast the skis done if not more for you. And I suggest a non rtx with the gytr piggyback shocks over the rtx with floats. You'll hate yourself or lie to yourself if you have floats.

Don't need split rails. Curves or c&a's will achieve the same for half the cost and a lot of guys have them used places too. Oft, skis, wrp are my must have list and I actually liked the comfort more than the viper and get more in the sled. Viper feels like your sitting ontop of it and there's a lot of sled compared to nytro also.

Best suggestion, ride one and see. Your looking little under a grand to get the nytro where you like it with upgrades. Plus side there maybe a used one with atleast the skis done if not more for you. And I suggest a non rtx with the gytr piggyback shocks over the rtx with floats. You'll hate yourself or lie to yourself if you have floats.

Ya i have the floats and my brother has the gytrs. His rides way better than mine in the front end. The floats are stiff.

Thanks for the input guys. Not really too concerned about the front shocks. That would probably be an upgrade I'd make relatively soon after my purchase. Do you guys recommend and years over the others? Mostly been looking at 11s, 12, and 13s. Thanks again for the help and suggestions.

Thanks for the input guys. Not really too concerned about the front shocks. That would probably be an upgrade I'd make relatively soon after my purchase. Do you guys recommend and years over the others? Mostly been looking at 11s, 12, and 13s. Thanks again for the help and suggestions.

The year doesnt matter, just buy the best condition one pretty much.

Agree after 10 the changes were minimal. Just pick up what has lowest likes and best shape that you can justify spending.

Back