• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

will this work?

kinsound

Extreme
will this cause a problem with the exhaust or will the heat melt the bag?

these bags are from my SXR and I would like to use them on the RX1

the RX1 bag seems real small and these cost me 150.00

Attachments

• back.JPG
    back.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 100
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 118

i would be concerned about the overhang at the tips, as this is the hottest area. the side covers are plastic and i dont think would get hot enough to worry about. just slide them forward a bit.

I agree with grader. The side covers don't get very hot at all, but the tips get really warm/hot depending on your riding style etc. Move them completely away from the tips and you should be fine. :Rockon:

I would also be concerned because you have blocked off the vents on the exhaust cover that cool the exhaust off. That is probably why the plastic exhaust covers are not very hot w/o the bag. I would think the heat would build up a lot more with that bag blocking them.

J.

This is what the semi rigid bags look like. With them and the trunk bag I'll have enough for a long trip.

Attachments

• SemiRigid.JPG
    SemiRigid.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 114
Jonny Rocket said:
I would also be concerned because you have blocked off the vents on the exhaust cover that cool the exhaust off. That is probably why the plastic exhaust covers are not very hot w/o the bag. I would think the heat would build up a lot more with that bag blocking them.

J.

Sasquatch...do you notice any heat problems....do your bags cover the vents?

Id just re-rivot the front clips farther forward which will keep that back one inch corner from getting sooty. Other wise it is perfectly fine.

kinsound said:
Jonny Rocket said:

J.

Sasquatch...do you notice any heat problems....do your bags cover the vents?

Just got the sled and bags so I can't say. It looks like the vents will stay open because the clips on the bottom of the bags prevent the bags from going in any futher. They are aluminum angle clips that clip the bags tight to the running boards.

Attachments

• Vent.JPG
    Vent.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 113

Back