• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Winter 2025

Simplespeed

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex , 2017 Sidewinder LTX -LE
With 2024 half over where does that time go.. Is 2025 time for winter to return to a more normal colder and snowy weather patterns in many area’s? What’s normal anymore? The last three winters in my area were certainly not normal and were very warm and mild.. Early forcast again report colder and more snow due to oncoming El Nina weather patterns … We all heard that before and for some its getting old to say the least… As humans we tend to remember the best winters and reflect on our best memories with hope they somehow return.. Always a possibility and sooner or later they will guess right… Law of averages… So what do you think ???

If the last half of the year is the same as the first half, we will have soo much snow we won't know what to do with it all. The rainfall here has been incredible, it also has been a bit cool so far.

If the last half of the year is the same as the first half, we will have soo much snow we won't know what to do with it all. The rainfall here has been incredible, it also has been a bit cool so far.
The previous forcast was a cooler than normal second half of summer and into the fall.. We all hope your right ….

The previous forcast was a cooler than normal second half of summer and into the fall.. We all hope your right ….

No, no. no, we want our cake and eat it too! Moderate summer with a dry fall leading into record snowfalls starting in November and lasting until March 15th 2025!!

No, no. no, we want our cake and eat it too! Moderate summer with a dry fall leading into record snowfalls starting in November and lasting until March 15th 2025!!
Stop looking for perfection! I would be happy with a "normal year" I love how cool it has been for June - that can continue

Stop looking for perfection! I would be happy with a "normal year" I love how cool it has been for June - that can continue

I believe in asking for more than I want and accepting what I need. Yes, would be perfectly happy with a normal year!

As weather goes nothing is consistent and its pretty cazy these days, one thing for sure it will come and go fast so you need to be ready… Our lives are not based on needs, but are navigated on our wants to achieve maximum enjoyment in all we do… Whatever Mother Natures brings I will be out there enjoying it to the max with respect for this great gift from God we call life…

I have more ATV riding in so far this year than I did snowmobiling all of last year. Rain isn't such a big deal but yes, it could be a bit nicer.

Well with all the rain we have had mosquitoes and ticks are incredibly abundant. They shut down a bunch of trails here cause of deep ruts from atvs and concerned about lack of snow in the new year may not fill them up.

The only thing I've learned over the last 30 years is that there's no reason to "jump the gun", like I did when I was a kid. Lol.
Sled is ready to go and I'll be in Florida till Dec without much worry about it.
Temperature fluctuation drives me absolutely insane. Lol.
We'd go from 10° with the trails starting to ripen up, to 50° the next day. Don't know how much more of that I can take.....

Back