• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Winter Startup from summer.

2001srx=fast

Extreme
okay here is my problem. I got a 08 Apex LTX with Ulmer power up kit (PCIII,ignition,airbox,cr10's) Started up fine and let it warm up till the light was gone then took the belt off so i could opener up a bit but it would have a bottom end miss Back fire with flames out the tail pipes then rev up. What Do you think it could be Note: left with 1 1/2 gallons started 2 times over the summer, started but not cleaned out.. Let me hear what you guys think!

Put some good fuel in it, you may have to change plugs too. Starting them over the summer will 'cold foul" the plugs, because they don't have enough operating time to get fully up to temperature. I use the cr10ek's, and they are even more succeptable to that.
Just get it up to temp first with good fuel, it may come out of it and be okay, but I would change plugs anyway. The next time you have problems with it will probably be on one of the coldest mornings trying to get it started.

Mine has sat for 2 full years with only 380 miles of ride time on it. All fluids have been changed including the fuel but when I start it up an run it on the stand, after its fully warmed up (heat exchangers warm to the touch) If I hit it from just off idle, or on idle, it skips before it winds up. I put a full tank of fresh premium in it and a can of sea foam and Im gunna wait until some snow hits to try it out. I dare say it just needs ridden with some load on the engine and some fresh fuel through the throttle bodies.

When I ran mine without the belt the T.O.R.S. kicked me out and got codes 84, 42 I think. my sled felt as though the speedo was not working and disabled the throtle. Put the belt back on and came out of it.

We are usually known for the great white north but as of today November 28th there aint no white stuff on the ground. I am gonna put new fuel with seafoam and see if it clears up if not ill be calling allen on monday. I suspect bad fuel or fowled plugs. I am probably gonna dump the cr10's and put the stockers back in.

well we got about 5 cm last night, so i got fresh 91 and half a bottle of seafoam and she cleaned right up i rode it around the yard for a good 15-20 min got her nice and hot and she idle's better then ever. i think that seafoam is worth its weight in gold. Thanks for all the replys

mine did same thing one fall.....it was the summer that i oil sprayed the airbox/cyls ect.....that following fall it ran like crap for about an hour,had a huge bog in it when i cracked it open.

after about an hour it was all gone....back to normal.....i have never oiled the motor with storage oil since.

Dan

Back