• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Winterize Viper?

bcporsche said:
Just wondering what everyone is doing for winterization? Grease, fuel stabilizer, Should I take belt off and disconnect battery?

Its not a bad idea to take the belt off. I put steel wool in the exhaust to keep mice away. I would do a oil change before you store it as well. When your almost done with the oil change add the stabilizer to the gas and when you need to start it for the oil change you can get that fuel stabilizer in where you want it. And add oil until its at your desired level and cover and let her sit. And rush your summer by so that winter comes quick.

bcporsche said:
Thanks, don't want to rush summer to much. Midget racing season starts next week. That were the real speed is. ;)!

Very true for you!! That sounds fun as hell!! I work way to much in the summer to have time for that! But would love that ;)!

So you have fun all year around pretty much. I have been to a couple of those races and had a blast! Sure would be fun, man I can only imagine. Well I hope you have a great year racing! :Rockon:

Well to winterize I install battery, fill with fresh fuel and hit the switch - now for summerization....... :moon:

Is there a grease fitting on the drive axle bearing where the brake is.

I looked and maybe I didn't look good enough. But I didn't see one.

How is that bearing maintained for lubrication.

bcporsche said:
Thanks, don't want to rush summer to much. Midget racing season starts next week. That were the real speed is. ;)!
We have horse racing around here that's fun to watch but not midget racing , I bet that's funny to watch , or I'm I thinking of the wrong kind of midgets !!!!!! Lol......

To get it ready for summer :
Fuel meds by yamaha in fuel
Change oil & filter
Change chain case oil
Spray it down with wd40 or something in side
Grease
I always pull off the clutches and clean them really good and leave them apart all summer
I also loosen the track

larrypolaris said:
Is there a grease fitting on the drive axle bearing where the brake is.

I looked and maybe I didn't look good enough. But I didn't see one.

How is that bearing maintained for lubrication.

You know I looked also, and didn't find one. The Cat dealer by me says that there isn't one. So I guess I'll take his word for it...

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about doing a summer turbo installation as far as summerizing lol. I'm hoping to be able to join the turbo group this summer! Sold my 170mph summer toy to pay for the turbo so might better go through with it so I can atleast have some more speed for next winter lol and it will be a good excuse to get the sled out this summer when the local guys are out doing their grass drag testing..if I time it right maybe I'll get to get some 660' radar runs in before and after the turbo. Dealer has an mpi kit sittin on their shelf just calling my name lol

bcporsche said:
Yamadog said:
Well to winterize I install battery, fill with fresh fuel and hit the switch - now for summerization....... :moon:

BOY I SCREWED THAT UP! O ya, summerize :drink:

Lmao....leave it to Steve to say something about that!! :moon:

09nytro said:
bcporsche said:
We have horse racing around here that's fun to watch but not midget racing , I bet that's funny to watch , or I'm I thinking of the wrong kind of midgets !!!!!! Lol......

To get it ready for summer :
Fuel meds by yamaha in fuel
Change oil & filter
Change chain case oil
Spray it down with wd40 or something in side
Grease
I always pull off the clutches and clean them really good and leave them apart all summer
I also loosen the track

LOL

Back