• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wiring passanger warmers on 11 apex

rx1 is king

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha rx1
Hello everyone!
Recently upgraded from my Rx1 to the apex so far love it and so much better then the original beast.

I haven’t posted to much but have been looking around and no luck finding answer.

So I have a Jack Seat I purchased for my 2011 Yamaha apex. It came with heated hand grips and looking to wire them up not sure how or where I should tap into to get power though.
As well looking to add in heated visor plug for my passanger to.

Any suggestions or knowledge would be great on how to wire them. Thanks!!

I hook direct to the battery via a relay for all my aftermarket stuff. This way I don't overload the sled's circuits. A fuse between the battery and relay protects the new circuit.

I just did one as well and I wired it into the accessory plug. I was going to go directly to the battery as well but I wanted it to only have power abilities with the sled running.

The only issue I can for see that using the 3amp Acc plug may not be enough amperage.
Here is how to hook up to the battery but will only have power while the sled is running.
5-pin-12V-automotive-relay.jpg

Only have a few rides on but so far so good for me. Guess I'll see how it goes.

Back