• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wiring question

Boomer

Expert
I'm in the process of replacing the wiring harness, but have a leftover connector, that I'm not sure where it connects. I'm talking about all the connectors that connect to all the handlebar controls. This one is a 3 wire triangular white female connector with yellow, yellow with blue stripe and black wires. The only similar connector anywhere nearby is a black male triangular that comes out right next to the bullet connectors for the TORS on the right side next to the carb rack. I just can't recall where everything went when I was pulling the fried wiring harness out, and I don't remember having a white female with black male connector.

I figured it out. I looked at the wiring diagram and determined that the connector is for the grip heat controller. I then just pulled the wires back up and found that that connector had gotten tucked behind the steering post as I was feeding them down into the engine compartment.

Back