• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would a shut off valve work with nitrous

I like this idea. I am in the process of installing my N20 kit right now, and foresee the same dilemma. Would like to open the bottle without anyone seeing what is going on.

3 ideas for remote bottle opening;

1) Run steel braided N20 line to one of the footwells and mount the valve there.

2) Mount this type of valve on the bottle or right next to the bottle and use cables to open/close the valve. The cables could be run in the foot well, as well, and activated there. This would take a little fabrication, but by the looks of your setup, that won't be an issue! (looks nice)

3) Use this type of valve and open/close via an electric cylinder (like a Bimba air cylinder, except electroncially acuated). These types of valves should be much cheaper than the type that would spin the regular N20 valve in a circular motion.

Why not just leave the valve open? I used to leave mine open all of the time and it never leaked by the solenoid.

If you are activating by TPS do you have an arming switch. If not, install one in line with the power wires to the N2O solenoid.

Or make sure your last in your group and just stop pull off the hood quick and turn the bottle on,it only takes 10 seconds.Anyone askes tell them you were getting a beer...lol... ;)!

I turn mine on in the trailer before I ride, and turn it off in the trailer when I'm done. It's a lot less complicated that way.

Hey guys, you can buy a barrel valve like the one from Bickel Race Cars, at Menards for 8bucks.
My buddy used one on hit Cat with no problems....

I've trail rode all day long with my bottle open.

Back