• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy your 05 Rs again

Would you buy your 2005 RS today, based off your own expericenes and information.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
damn right i would- i love my 05 rage and beat the crap out of it...only upgrade i wish they would have had was the shocks, soem gytr clickers in the front and a couple piggybacks in the rear

Yes for sure - BUT I would have budgeted the $$ for a new or used M10 had I known about all of the issues with the rear skid (hyfax wear, wheels, howl, broken welds, cheap shock, etc).

Yes I would most certainly buy my Vector ER again. Best sled I ever owned. 6300 Km on odometer now & no sign of the sled dieing yet. The only thing I have done is to fully clip my track & add a Ulmer Stage III Clutch Kit. Last year 2 sets of sliders, this year still on 1st set. Threw away stock plastic suspension wheels and changed to aluminum just because I never liked plastic wheels anyway, always thought they looked cheap.

Yes I will buy my RS again. I did the same changes as Handy and same result. This year I'm still on my 1st set after 2700 Km and I'm definitely good to go for another 2000 Km. I have 7000 Km on this sled and still run like new.

Yes I would,great sled! 3400 miles and no wheel problems or hi-fax. Have about 2400 miles on second set of hi-fax and know now I changed the first set way to soon.
Been a great sled so far and doesnt like gas. I did change to the rear ohlins shock and put the tunnel supports in. :D

Buy 05

To be honest I dont know if I wold buy the sled again, I like the design, like the engine but not to thrilled with some other things (shocks, turning, track noise, engine squeal, tors, broken welds) just to name a few. To be honest I would have rather waited for the 07s. I do like my sled but I think about all the problems and times i have brought my sled into the dealer it has really made me loose confidence in the R&D of Yamaha. We payed a premuim price for a decent product.

From what I see the 07's address many of the problems we are having.

Just my opinons....

Yes, BUT. If the next one has as many problems as this one did, I would be done with Yamaha.

I ride with a Doo'er. He has an 05 Renegade. He hasn't had one problem, hasn't had one recall, hasn't had one update, hasn't had to take it back to the dealer once. Gets the same gas mileage as I do, the only downside is that it's a 2 stroker and that aggresive rider forward position.

My problems.
1. TORS problem - fixed by Yamaha.
2. Clutch noise - fixed by Yamaha.
3. Jackshaft updated by Yamaha.
4. Idler wheels - left in the cold by Yamaha because I'm studded - I'm still pissed - Yamaha still doesn't have a fix - I fixed it with Doo wheels.
5. Hifax wear issue - Yamaha refuses to accept this as an issue - I fixed it with SLP Anti-wear pads and the Doo idler wheels. Other people have fully clipped the Ripsaw track or added low snow wheels.
6. Very concerned about the posted failures of the Pivot 2 Arm - potentially a major safety issue - unacknowledged by Yamaha - people have had to fabricate their own reinforcing brackets.
7. Drive shaft bearings - based on postings, they should be replaced every year.

What's right.
1. 4 stroke - seemingly bullet proof 1st year engine.
2. Ride - when others are complaining about the bumpy trail, I'm wondering what they're talking about.
3. Yamaha rep - but quickly deminishing.
4. Have been true blue since I started riding 11 years ago, tough to consider a change.
5. Good relationship with dealer.

Love my '05 Rage! Have spent weekend on '06 Apex ER-still love the feel on the Rage! " Very confident feel " is how I describe it.

Back