• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

X-country nytro race sleds banned. Interesting read.

New front clip and track and directions on how to move your skid back. Hmmm sounds like a deal at over $8,000.00 NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry but since when has Yamaha given this type of stuff away dirt cheap? You dont know what it includes by that article and just shocks can cost 2000 grand. They dont want to sell this kit to the masses!

bottlerocket said:
Im sorry but since when has Yamaha given this type of stuff away dirt cheap? You dont know what it includes by that article and just shocks can cost 2000 grand. They dont want to sell this kit to the masses!
Obviously!

The kit is intended for the race programs and the racars who often have $$ backing. Besides only 50 kits were produced. So for me the story is not how much the kit costs but more about how a unnamed corp. (competitor) seems to be afraid of losing a race and/or future races, to take a small clause in a rulebook to the next level. I say shame on them for trying to stifle innovation.

mach9 said:
The kit is intended for the race programs and the racars who often have $$ backing. Besides only 50 kits were produced. So for me the story is not how much the kit costs but more about how a unnamed corp. (competitor) seems to be afraid of losing a race and/or future races, to take a small clause in a rulebook to the next level. I say shame on them for trying to stifle innovation.

Yep, the real story is how another Manu seemed to have gotten Yammi tossed from racing, at least using that kit. Bummer. I'd have guessed Cat would be the culprit, but Chris seems to exhonerate Cat by saying hell root for them now. So I'm guessing either Doo or Polaris are to blame. I'd love to know the full story.

Anyways, the kit comes with new spindles. Hmmmm. Improved geometry perhaps, like some of the aftermarket Nytro spindles? Very interesting.

It's a production class. The kit is not on any production model, therefore put the ill handling sled in the production class and run the improved front end kit in the available classes. Nobody is being cheated or playing unfair. If I manufactured 300 model unit sleds for this class I would not want to see the next cowboy walk into the circuit with an "accessory kit" sled. This would open the doors for unlimited mods. I can't see clearly when I wear sunglasses, so I choose not to wear them. I've rode Yami all my life and my underwear is "Loyal Blue", but follow the rules. Cheers, Scott

ummm 119 mph average mph?!?!?! What the .....?

Back