• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD 275 hp 24/50 gears vs. TD 305 hp 21/41 gears - Racing 600 ft (not nearly enough distance!)

snowcaine

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
20 Sidewinder
21 ZR 9000
23 SRX
Figured people might find these videos/photos interesting for what they're worth. My dad and I horsing around on the lake (semi-packed snow, not glare ice). We have lined these sleds up numerous times from dead stop, rolling-on, all kinds of conditions, results are usually the same as below.

First, 600 ft is way too short for a tuned Winder (although we cooked every other sled out there that day). We didn't even start hooking up and really pulling until the finish line.

Blue Winder (mine): 2020, TD 305 hp, header, upgraded fuel pump, 192 1.575" Gold Diggers, TAPP primary, stock secondary 35 Dalton helix B/O v2 wrapped 90, 21/41 gears, stock suspension, rear suspension bolt in bottom hole.

Red Winder (dad's): 2020, TD 275 hp, 144 1.375" Gold Diggers, stock primary (Dalton weights and spring), stock secondary 35 Dalton helix B/O v2 wrapped 80, 24/50 gears, SRX/TCat torsion springs and springs in the front, rear suspension bolt in top hole.

Red Winder gets the Blue Winder on the jump every time (obviously the gearing). Blue Winder takes it in the end by about a sled length.

Blue Winder nearest lane

Blue Winder Nearest Lane - Red Winder Farthest Lane - Finish Line.jpg

Red Winder nearest lane:
Red Winder Nearest Lane - Blue Winder Farthest Lane - Finish Line.jpg

Looks like fun...gearing or not I am surprised the 275hp non header SW is so close to the 305hp header sled in 600 feet but by 1000 ft the header sled will probably have a big lead.

That 24/50 sled is geared short for distance. If I were Dad, I would add more studs increase engagement beat you to 1000FT and throw my hands up in victory. LOL

Great video, Glad to see you and your ole man dueling it out on the lake.

Figured people might find these videos/photos interesting for what they're worth. My dad and I horsing around on the lake (semi-packed snow, not glare ice). We have lined these sleds up numerous times from dead stop, rolling-on, all kinds of conditions, results are usually the same as below.

First, 600 ft is way too short for a tuned Winder (although we cooked every other sled out there that day). We didn't even start hooking up and really pulling until the finish line.

Blue Winder (mine): 2020, TD 305 hp, header, upgraded fuel pump, 192 1.575" Gold Diggers, TAPP primary, stock secondary 35 Dalton helix B/O v2 wrapped 90, 21/41 gears, stock suspension, rear suspension bolt in bottom hole.

Red Winder (dad's): 2020, TD 275 hp, 144 1.375" Gold Diggers, stock primary (Dalton weights and spring), stock secondary 35 Dalton helix B/O v2 wrapped 80, 24/50 gears, SRX/TCat torsion springs and springs in the front, rear suspension bolt in top hole.

Red Winder gets the Blue Winder on the jump every time (obviously the gearing). Blue Winder takes it in the end by about a sled length.

Blue Winder nearest lane
View attachment 165839

View attachment 165840

Red Winder nearest lane:
View attachment 165841View attachment 165842
nice vid!!! just for fun the blue winder put your secondary spring at 70 degrees i bet it will different

Last edited:
Gearing.. However, I cant believe the red one couldn't have stretched it out with the traction it had. Could be a possible boost leak on the red one? I love the 24/50 on my TCAT. I could care less going over 120.

Last edited:
Gearing.. However, I cant believe the red one could have stretched it out with the traction it had. Could be a possible boost leak on the red one? I love the 24/50 on my TCAT. I could care less going over 120.

Did you mean possible boost leak on the blue one (305 hp)? Of course I forgot to log all these runs. Disappointed!

Back