• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX tunnel cracking

fast4fun

Has anyone had issues with the tunnel cracking behind the rear suspension bolts on a Nytro xtx? If so what did you do to fix the problem? Mine is an 09 and I know there is another plate on the newer Nytro's

Had the same issue, I bought the plates from a 2013 and installed them after I drilled a hole at the end of the crack to relieve stress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had the same issue, I bought the plates from a 2013 and installed them after I drilled a hole at the end of the crack to relieve stress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. Did it stop it from cracking any further?

Attachments

• IMG_4878.JPG
    IMG_4878.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_4879.JPG
    IMG_4879.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_4880.JPG
    IMG_4880.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_4881.JPG
    IMG_4881.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 242
Had the same issue on my 2009,
FYI 2010 and up have OEM plates.
I installed them.
You shall drilled a hole at the end of the crack to avoid the propagation of the crack.
upload_2017-3-16_21-13-39.png

I have the same cracks... ordering "patches" soon, looks like two different sizes for the rivets, I guessed 3 of each type, how many #22 and #32 did you need? I guessed three of each, is that correct? Also, how did you clean up your tunnel, looks amazing, pics go from cracked to brand new? Great job.

Crack Patches.jpg

2 different people, 2 different sleds. The reinforcement should fix you up.

The tunnel polish job is one many tackle once or twice a year. Clean the tunnel well with soap and water, then maybe you use Napa Aluminum Brightener (be fast, spray on, rub it a little with a saturated cloth, rinse it right off), but then many people use Autosol, makes pretty quick work with not much effort to get the tunnel almost mirror like.

Back