• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX w/ Simmons ski's poll/setup question...

**sj**

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
only interested in xtx's and specifically how you setup your suspension and the Simmons ski's...

Did you run the ski rubbers straight or flipped?
which hole on the mounts?
which carbide(s)?

the rest of your suspension settings are helpfull as well..

Have my simmons on the very rear hole.
Rubbers are as stock.
Stock carbide.
Only a couple of rides so far, sno is sparse.
Already better than stock ski's, I am still playing with front susp. along with other things as you know. :exc:

MOUNTY said:
Rubbers are as stock.
Stock carbide.
Already better than stock ski's, I am still playing with front susp. along with other things as you know. :exc:

think the rear hole is more positive in feedback...darting and hunting etc...let me know how it works out...
tonight ..I let out the front springs all the way....adjusted about 70% transfer....better..
next will adjust the compression and rebound....front and rear

MOUNTY said:
Rubbers are as stock.
Stock carbide.

any update ??

I have polaris mounts, no idea what difference is. stock rubbers. 4" carbides in and out, spacers swapped to widen front. terrible hard conditions have made it feel heavy. happy still have Apex. turned front springs to minimum and transfer most up. no more untill new snow, can say it was awsome in the 10" fresh snow few weeks ago. so tiring in hardpack, makes apex feel like an indy. been adding shafts and wheels, scratchers and picks, but realizing, best left at home when hardpack

more ski pressure with poo mounts...I had the idea for no spacer on the inside just two washers between the spindle and the mount....then both spacers or a longer spacer outside...would widen ski stance ..

sj said:
more ski pressure with poo mounts...I had the idea for no spacer on the inside just two washers between the spindle and the mount....then both spacers or a longer spacer outside...would widen ski stance ..
more ski pressure? mount saddle is as low as it gets. and looked centered same as yam mount. had to drill out 1 size for bolt.
the spacers also are reduced to form spindle bushing. you would have to cut short one down and add washers to longer one. I dont think its worth it.

siimons

hey while we're talking simmons, where can you get the small bolt on ice scratchers i've seen on simmons skis??
looks like a small triangle piece bolted to rear inside ski mount bolt, and goes in like a inch, then bent 90deg to catch ice?

I dont have Simmons but have been doing some testing with the stock ski's. What I have found is that the XTX has too much ski preassure, I think you went in the correct direction taking the preload out of the front springs, I cranked the preload up in the skid front shock and backed the tranfer rods completely off. This really helped, what helped even more were triple rate front springs which allowed me to lessen even more ski preassure.

mj

Re: siimons

Groomer08 said:
hey while we're talking simmons, where can you get the small bolt on ice scratchers i've seen on simmons skis??
looks like a small triangle piece bolted to rear inside ski mount bolt, and goes in like a inch, then bent 90deg to catch ice?

snow throwers are available from any simmons dealer.....they help for sure...but they will scrub top speed...

sj: Last ride, I played a little with the comp. and rebound, did not change bolt location to front. Concentrating on the lower, mid, and top performance with clutching and engine upgrades.
With less comp. I noticed better cornering, stayed flat, no bottoming. Hit some pretty good moguls on the trails in 50 miles. Spring adjustment almost full, rebound went a little more for better stick. I believe comp. is two to three clicks in and reb is 20 clicks in.

Back