• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Y-Pipe problems

AftonJay

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Warrior, 2009 Nytro XTX and Arctic cat puma for the kids
I switched out my donut gaskets on my 2005 Warrior and found that on one of the y-pipes the flange is blown out. I was looking at replacing it and see a lot of people talking about the updated SS pipes. Is this just he 2003-2004 pipe? Will the 2003-2004 steel pipe replace the Ti one on the 2005 without any other modifications to the tailpipe muffler assembly?

I have ordered the Steel ones from the 2004 hopefully I can get this thing wrapped up, there is a foot of snow on the ground!!!!

Yes the last thing you want to do is buy the 05 pipes they wanted 500 dollars apiece for them when I asked. So I bought a used set from a 03 or 04 no more problems.

I have them hanging on the front of my shelving as I have not been able to afford art that pricey and have bugged my wife a few times about shinning them up and mounting them on a plaque in my Man cave! Hey 1000 dollar art I figure!

Is there a trick to getting the Y-pipes out? Do you have to remove the 4 flex pipes to be able to slide the Y's forward enough to get them off the hanger that is near the middle of the pipes?

Anyone????? I really would like to avoid taking off the manifold\flex pipes if possible, you just know one of those 8 bolts is gonna break off.

them bolts are not going to break, but the other option is to drill out rivets to the support bracket for the y pipes, ( of-course you them need rivets from OFT Racing to reassemble it and a good rivet gun. ) Just undo the bolts & reinstall them with a 1/4 inch drive socket wrench

Thanks, I was hoping there was some magic trick I didn't know about and wasn't seeing. But looking at it I figured it was either take off the manifolds are drilling out those rivets. I was just worried about the bolts because of the dissimilar metals and the issues that can cause. I guess I will just get to it and deal with any issues that arise. Thanks again.

Do the rivets and then replace the bolts at the same time with stainless.

Back