• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Dealerships Ontario

humdngr

Hi guys,

I am looking for opinions from people on what they believe is the best Yamaha dealership in Ontario, Canada. I have been going to a few different dealers and had many bad experiences, and am looking for a good and preferably 5 star dealer to settle in with, but switching around from dealer to dealer isn't cheap either, id like to find a good one and stick with them. Basically for me, important things to see from a dealership is honesty, and an attitude that cares about the customer and their Yamaha product and not just the customer's wallet... i'm sure we can all agree.

I am from the Barrie area but willing to travel at least an hour or two to make it worth it.

Cheers.

I use Asselstine's in Burketon Ont for just parts as I do the majority of my own work but they seem friendly etc and are good to deal with.

PM Blue ER on here, he has some good info about a couple dealers up Bobcaygeon way but I forget the other dealer, and which one was better.

Parkway yamaha in collingwood and or DT powersports in Uxbrige as for 5-star, Kelly's in Hamilton and not sure the name but there's a 5-star dealership in Haliburton. Also it's good to see other TY members on the site from the GTAA area.

Pstn head said:
Parkway yamaha in collingwood and or DT powersports in Uxbrige as for 5-star, Kelly's in Hamilton and not sure the name but there's a 5-star dealership in Haliburton. Also it's good to see other TY members on the site from the GTAA area.

I have found DT expensive and much different compared to the previous/original owners of DT. (Just my opinion)

McGregor Sportsline hands down. They are not 5 star as they don't have a lavish showroom and some of the other Yamaha requirements. Small town honesty and service. I was hesitant to post this as I'm somewhat selfish and don't want the rest of Ontario finding out what the long time existing customer base already knows. Besides, parking is becoming a real problem!

Mcgregors !!! Paul , Mark and the guys are great. Dealing with them for many years honest, fair, and always willing to help.

okay thanks for the input, looks like i will have to check out mcgregors for sure.

does anyone have any experience with bracebridge yamaha?

X2 on Parkway Yamaha for parts. Great down to earth guys. A quick call to Rob or Murray and in 2 days your parts will be there if not in stock.
Don't use their service though, so I can't speak for that. I do all my own.

The first time I ever went into Bracebridge Yamaha I needed a plastic bogey wheel for a 700 V-Max. They didn't have one in stock so they took one off a showroom sled. Like I said; they had never seen me before. I do my own service but I have been buying all my parts there. Very easy to deal with.

I've always used Asselstines, they look after me parts wise...but I've also heard great things about Markham Mower

Bracebridge Yamaha saved the day for my Dad one day years ago, allowing us to use their shop on a Saturday with a trail side emergency (blown driveshaft bearing) so they get a thumbs up.
Markham mower is closest to me and my family has bought a few sleds from them including my dad's '14 viper. Been dealing with them for many years and I know the owners and most of the employee's well. Great group of people. Bit of a drive from Barrie but its worth it.

Timeline said:
X2 on Parkway Yamaha for parts. Great down to earth guys. A quick call to Rob or Murray and in 2 days your parts will be there if not in stock.
Don't use their service though, so I can't speak for that. I do all my own.

Yep, I used Parkway for parts and service.... :Rockon:

Back